Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Busier Than Ever!

I have noticed that around this time each year, I become very busy socially.  Now, it's not because I go to the doctors or visit friends; it's because so much more is going on at this time of the year than any other time.
After Halloween, there's Melbourne Cup Day; which is always exciting here in Australia.  However, before all of this, the Christmas decorations have been up in the shopping centres at the beginning of September.  Now, in my mind that's just too early to be advertising Christmas.  In the UK, they wait until after Guy Fawkes Night which is on November 5th to do anything about Christmas; it's just tradition.  If we brought in this tradition here, we'd be able to work out a better system of traditional holidays (and then we'd enjoy the build-up to Christmas more I think).  However, I find it very tacky to see the decorations up in stores at a time when it's nowhere near Summer and nobody else is thinking about it either; and they begin advertising Christmas on the television in October - before Halloween.  
This makes this time of year much more busier than it normally is.  And this year, I don't have as much money as I did last year.  This means I may have to dip in to my savings.  I hope not.  I'd like to buy my family something lovely for Christmas, but I'm not sure what to get them.  I think gift vouchers will have to do; seeing I bought Riley a big present this year for her 12th birthday, and it was very recent. 
However, it's been in the last few weeks that I haven't really had much time to myself.  Last week, I was out almost every day - and this included an impromptued trip to the hospital at 2:45am on Friday morning where I was supposed to be out at a job centre.  So, when I finally did feel better, the weekend was gone and I had gotten two early nights and I didn't get anything done around the place... thus it was a mess.
This week is no different... it's been busy as hell; and yesterday was no different.  I felt as though I only had yesterday afternoon off and that was it.  I got to read 30 pages of 'Lady of the Rivers' by Philippa Gregory and then squeezed in 1 1/2 hours of painting and then I had to rush around and changed the light bulb in the living room before it did something weird; as it was flickering madly.  So, I turned it off and grabbed the bulb from my bedroom, found a spare bulb for the bathroom and replaced my bedroom bulb with that and did the old switch-a-roonies with the bulb in the living room.  Once I had the cover back up, the ladder put away, and the light switched on, I unwrapped the hot bulb from the cloth on the kitchen table and found it had big crack in on the of the cylindars!  I wonder how long it would have taken for that to shatter and leak out anything fatal?  Or had it been doing it all along?  Because I've had this nagging cough for a while and by the end of last night, it was gone!  And today?... well, it's not around as badly as it has been, all I'm doing is clearing my throat once every now and again and there's no follow-up cough or anything.  No wonder people don't like these bloody things!
Also, this week, I've got a dryer to pick up at Greenslopes from a friend's house (Dad has to pick it up with me as he's got the car).  However, it'll be later this afternoon; and hopefully he'll be able to put the thing in when we get it here... and get rid of the old one at the same time.
Tomorrow, is shopping day.  I think it'll be a good day for a top-up shop...not too expensive and I'll be able to get home early for an afternoon to myself, thankfully.  Then, Thursday will be a morning of me being out to get a scan done of my pelvis which was ordered by the doctor at the Mater Hospital last Friday; and it will be looked at by my GP next Wednesday so we can see what needs to be done about this ovarian cyst.
Then, Friday will be a busy one for me.  In the morning, I'll be at CRS to look at jobs and what kind of work is suitable for me.  Then, I think I have an appointment at my Chiropractors in the afternoon.  So, I'll be out all day and getting an early night that night.  This weekend is the first weekend in a long time where I'll have the whole two days to myself... yay!  I'll have to get in and do some serious housework... and that includes the laundry, washing the floors and cleaning the bathroom and toilets as I haven't had any time to do anything like that lately.
So, how has your week turned out?  Busy as hell, or quieter than mine?  Until my next post, take care, keep warm and safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment