Thursday, November 10, 2011

Friday is the Busiest Day

Have you ever had a week where you thought it was going to be really horribly busy, but it turned out to be something else entirely?  Yep, me too.  On Monday, this week looked like a social and travelling mess.  However by yesterday afternoon, it was little more than a few tiny trips here and there before a nice relaxed Friday out at the CRS for a look for a job.
However, even Friday turned out to be something of a weird and busy day for me by the end of today.  Strange how that came about.  I found that the few things I was hoping to happen, didn't, and the other things that I didn't want to happen, did.  Bummer how that goes, eh?  
I needed to be out at the Imaging Centre at Rochedale today; however my 'monthly visitor' (which isn't all that monthly anymore) showed up after 34 days of being AWOL on me.  I was thinking I wasn't going to get them again for a longer period of time.  But, once I began to make plans to see a doctor, they showed... ironic isn't it?  So, next week it is for both the Imaging place and the doctors to see what I'll be doing next.  One thing at a time.
Otherwise, tomorrow, I'll be catching an early bus to Garden City and picking up Stephen King's new book from QBD.  I have a gift voucher that will pay for about half of it; so I won't be paying full price anyway.  From there, I'll catch a bus to Springwood to my appointment at CRS and spend a few hours with them talking to them about work.  I'm not sure exactly what this appointment will be about; but I'll take it as it comes.  I think it's going to be about what I'm good at and then find a direction for me and work on that.
Otherwise, today, I got a few good things done.  One was the washing.  It was all done - including the annual hand-washing of my teddy bear Amos.  I wash him usually at this time of the year because it's when the weather becomes hot enough that he'll dry on the clothes line and he'll smell nice and fresh too.  I'd love to wash him twice a year; but I can't due to our weather changing so quickly.  
I put out all the newspapers in the recycling bin at the back of the complex after snipping out what I wanted from last week's paper.  Then, I put out rubbish from the kitchen before washing up tonight.  All my handbags that I weren't using were brought upstairs along with all the laundry at around 2pm and then I went over to Greenslopes to visit Ruth and find out about the clothes dryer.  But Dad said it wasn't as new as he had hoped; and we decided not to buy it from Ruth (which means she's going to try selling it on e-bay).  When I returned home, I had to put everything that was originally around the laundry (and I had moved for the dryers to be changed over) back into the laundry.  By this time it was around 4pm... and it was time I planned dinner; and seeing how hot it had been, I didn't want to eat anything too hot.  So I made myself an egg salad roll; and it was delicious!  
So, that was my day.  Tomorrow is Remembrance Day; and also my cousin's birthday.  It's also the day we put down our family dog, Jessie.  She was a dear, sweet woofy who couldn't see or hear us in the end, but her mind was fully intact.  Poor girl.  It was a hard choice, but she was in pain and couldn't walk.  So, it was the most humane thing we could do for her; and I'm glad we did it.  Jessie was almost 14 when we let her got.  She had lived a full and happy life with us; and she had enjoyed a few Freddo Frogs from me (a secret I didn't tell anyone until recently; much to my family's amazement that they didn't kill her as chocolate is one thing that can kill a dog; as well as a budgie) and plenty of marathon walks.  She had a boyfriend - Laddie - who lived one street over in Thornhill Street and he was moved when his owner passed away.  I still miss my little woofy every now and again; but I do have a great little album full of photos of her... and it's great to have those memories.  Well, until my next post, take care keep warm and safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment