Monday, December 19, 2011

Aaarrgh! Less Than One Week Away!

If you're surprised by this title, it's because you haven't thought about Christmas yet... or you're trying to ignore it.  Me?  I have one of the busiest weeks ahead of me that I'm ever going to have; and I'm not looking forward to it.
Today and Friday are going to the be the only days where I'll be hiding here at home to get away from the public and crowds because it'll be the only chance I'll get to do that.  Otherwise, here's my week:
Tuesday:  Off to Garden City to get in and do some last-minute Christmas shopping of two books at QBD and then run home.  I don't want to be there any longer than I need to be.  I'll spend the afternoon sewing up book baggies and wrapping the said presents for the people.
Wednesday:  The last Grocery Shop for a while.  It will probably take about an hour - or a little more.  In that time I will be taking in my K-Mart Wishing Tree present and fighting the crowds for the groceries I need for the next few days.  I hate shopping at this time of the year!  Truly I do.
Thursday:  This is an easy day really.  I'll be off to the Logan Art Gallery to do a morning of volunteer work where there will be a new guy on the desk with me.  I just have to show him how to count the money, deal with the RSVP's for the openings and customers for the store (which might be me too).
Friday:  Hide from the public as Christmas Eve and Christmas Day is nigh!  I'm not going anywhere for anyone; no matter what they say, how much they pay me or where it may be.  I will be staying home and hibernating until such time it's safe to come out (ie:  that'll be Christmas Eve Night when we go to Oma's place for dinner... when the sun goes down at 6pm Saturday night).
Okay, now, you've know my plans, you can see why I have nothing else to crowd my schedule.  During this week, I'll also be making my famous Turkish Carrot Dip and getting myself ready for the day where The Orgy of Greed occurs (this means Christmas Day for those not in the know of my translations).  I call it this because I believe Christmas should be about being with family and friends and not just about the presents.  
Anyway, I'm just looking forward to the time after Christmas when all this hooey dies down, the kids have broken their toys after three hours and they're on their way to going back to school.  Not that I don't like school holidays, it's just that after a while school kids get bored and they also become destructive when left to their own devices (something that never happened to me; strangely enough). Until my next post, take care, keep warm and safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment