Sunday, June 13, 2010

Another Tidy-Up Afternoon Success!

I have found out two things about myself:  I clean
better when I'm angry about something and I also clean better in the afternoons.  I think it's because it's after I've been on here and all the internet stuff has been done... and I've had my 'computer fix' that I can get on with my day.
Well, yesterday was a good day for cleaning up the house.  After I got everything done by midday, I jumped off the computer and realised I hadn't found a site online for piano theory.  Oh well, I found one today; which I may be adding onto in the next few weeks.
I pulled out the vacuum cleaner and moved Little Miss Stevie into the nice warm sun in the front of the screen door while I vacuumed behind her spot.  And was there a lot of seed husks and bird poo!  But I got it all; and I found the duster too... so I have a duster for downstairs and one for upstairs now.  So, I changed the dust thing on it and ran it over the stereo system, television and around everything I could see that had dust on it.
Then, came time to put Stevie back in her spot and clean behind the front door.  I moved everything out of the way and vacuumed around the corner and where I put the umbrellas and moved the Jim Morrison print upstairs and sat it behind my bedroom door for storage instead (it'll be safer there anyway until I find a permanent place for it on a wall somewhere).  The piano was next and I pull everything off the top and ran the duster over it and put it all back.  The Swiss glasses were cleaned out and replaced as well.  Then, I moved the seat and pulled off the front foot panel and checked the water.  It was getting down a little, so I changed the glass over for a taller one and filled it and put it in; making sure the bottom of it wasn't wet.  I opened the lid and ran the duster over the keys and front of it.
It was time for a break.  I washed my hands and had a glass of water and sat down at the keyboard and practiced the piano for 1 hour and 10 minutes... all new music too!  I'm going well!  I even got my nose into the practice book for both hands to work together; all I need to do is practice.  
After I finished that, it was around 3pm and I decided it was time to get into sorting out Grandma's old and unusable music for the Queensland Archives.  So, I rummaged through my storage facility in my stairwell and found the two briefcases of Grandpa's and emptied them out (jeez, did they hold some crap!).  Then, I sorted the music into 3-page sheet music, Songbooks and single-page sheet music.  The three piles took shape and I found that I needed to use both of them.  Sometime this week, I'll see if Mum can drive me to the Queensland Archives to drop the music off for preservation; as I can't use it.  I'll see how it all goes this week.
Well, by the time I was almost finished sorting, it was 4pm and time to bring in the laundry.  So, once that was brought in, I closed up the house, turned on all the lights and made sure Little Miss Stevie was nice and warm before taking the laundry upstairs and having a shower and making a dinner of vegetarian nachos.  Yummo!

No comments:

Post a Comment