Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Lucky Days!

So far this week, it's been a good few days.  I've had the good fortune to have a third book of a trilogy show up at the bookstore when it was expected to.  It's by a relatively new author and I've just begun reading his first book; which sounds brilliant.  This third book - I was told - was going through a limited print run; so that's why I bought it now instead of later this year.  It's:  'The Golden City' by John Twelve Hawks and again, on the front it's got a motorcyclist.  Seeing I've got all three books now, I can relax and read them at my leisure.  While at the book store,
I saw a little stuffed dog going by the name of Clifford.  I had never heard of him; but I think a lot of younger kids have.  And he just looked so cute; and for around $3.00, how could I say no?  So, I added him onto the bill and he came home with me.  Now, he's guarding the bookcase where my Mt TBR is... very cute!
When I arrived home yesterday, I checked on the mail and pulled out a few envelopes and found one from Triple M
Rock Station here in Brisbane.  I wondered what I had won... as I've won two prizes in the last eight months; one of them a major prize.  I ripped open the envelope and pulled out a double pass to see 'The A-Team' this Wednesday night!  Very cool!  I wanted to see this film as I was a big fan of the television series when I was young.  So, I asked my Mum along and she said yes!

And today, I opened the PO Box and pulled out a blue parcel pick-up card.  I have been expecting a parcel to return from
across Australia sometime soon.  And when I went inside, it was the exact parcel I was expecting!  Yay!  Once home, I opened it on the kitchen table and found plenty of books that had been swapped out and two had returned home.  And the little pink pencilcase was chock full of goodies that had been also swapped out amongst my friends on Bookcrossing.  Very lovely things had arrived in that too!

What a week I've been having so far.

I also posted off a funny film to a video show... but that's for another time.  Let's see if it makes it through to being shown on t.v... then I'll let you know if I've won the $500 just for it being shown.

No comments:

Post a Comment