Sunday, June 27, 2010

Partial Lunar Eclipse

Last night, we had a partial lunar eclipse!  It was lovely!  But first, we experienced one of the most beautiful moonrisings I've seen in a long time; and to match it, a just as gorgeous sunset.
But I had forgotten all about the lunar eclipse until Mum called me and asked about it.  When I got outside, there was the moon beginning to shade over; and what a sight.  However, I always notice that whenever we get a lunar eclipse, the clouds arrive just when it begins to cover it over.  A bit of a bummer really.  However, I got some lovely photos of it nonetheless.


This one we saw this time will be our only one for the Southern Hemisphere this year.  The next one will be in December and only the Northern Hemisphere people will be privvy to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment