Monday, June 14, 2010

Small Successes and Finds From the Past

I got into some more tidying up yesterday while more music played on the turntable; and it was a lovely day for it.  The sun was out and it turned into a nice day once the front door was opened up.
I pulled out the vacuum cleaner and got into the hard part of cleaning.  I absolutely detest vacuuming as it makes me sneeze and my hair clogs up the nozzle.  So, I try to get it over and done with as quickly as I can.  While I was at it, I also vacuumed the kitchen (as I dropped a jar of vegemite yesterday morning that shattered everywhere!) in lieu of it being washed in the next day or so.  So, once that was all done, I organised and dusted the 3-tiered table next to the stairs.  while I did that, I did out the bowls there and found all the keys that Mum had bought me while overseas in America.  

Then, I found my Lucky Penny - well, okay, I call it my Lucky Penny.  When I was in the UK in 1997, I visited 'The Beatles House' in Liverpool.  While there, I got three pennies squashed in this very cool machine.  One was for me, one for Mum and one for Grandma; I should have gotten about a dozen done; but I didn't.  Well, when I moved into my unit, I thought I had lost this little penny and so I had this down feeling that some lucky person out there had my little penny that I had traveled with for so many years.  And yesterday, I found it in one of the little bowls by the door!  Was I happy to find it!  It was something I was so relieved to find as I know I may not see 'The Beatles House' again for a long time.
Once the tables were dusted and everything was replaced - along with the things that didn't belong there - I sorted out a new home for the cute little keys (on keyrings) so they'd be on display instead of being hidden.  
Then, I sat down and practiced the piano for 45 minutes. 
The exercises I performed from the Schmit book the day before that I found so easy to do were a lot more complicated yesterday.  My hands just wouldn't do what they were supposed to do; and this frustrated me, even when I slowed them down.  In the end, I just put the music away and put it down to a bad day for me and my hands; knowing I'll have a better day somewhere along the line and play better soon.  Well, okay, I don't play 'Yesterday' or 'Alley Cat' yet, but I do wish to one day once I get to that standard.

Today, I've already gotten myself into doing some of the things I wanted to do this afternoon.  I sprayed some 14 pegs that I've been painting to update my peg box.  Unfortunately, I copped some of the spray varnish in my right eye and it hurt like hell!  But the pegs look great!  I photographed them and have been added to the rest of the box.  Don't they look great?  Anyway, there's still loads to do here online before I take off for the rest of the day and finish up some things downstairs to make the place tidy and low-maintenance.  

Until the next time I blog about the Big Tidy-Up - or anything else - take care and keep warm (or cool if that is the case for you wherever you may be).

No comments:

Post a Comment