Friday, June 18, 2010

Thank God For Fridays!

I'm so glad I got into the laundry yesterday.  This morning, I awoke to an overcast morning and not wanting to get out of bed.  But then, I had weird dreams about cycling down strange side streets, crawling through low windows and attending award ceremonies where the awards themselves were shampoo bottles.  Really weird stuff.  I was thankful when the alarm went off!
But the last few days have been interesting and full me doing a little housework, reading a lot and painting.  I have been getting better at the piano thanks to the Schmit book and its exercises and the temperature has been really showing it's beginning to look a lot like Winter around here in Brisbane and on this side of the globe.

Yesterday, I got into calling the Queensland State Archives to find out if they'd like to have my late-Grandmother's old piano music.  However, they only gather Government information and suggested that I call the Queensland State Library.  And so I did and they were delighted to find that I wanted to donate the music.  However they needed a list of what I had; which I hadn't written out.  So, I began on writing out the list yesterday afternoon; but only the titles.  I have a niggling feeling that they'll need the authors too.  So, I'll go back over it while I've got the time and add on the authors of the lyrics and music before I add on any other music titles.
Then, I went downstairs and played the piano for about an hour.  I really fumbled through it all.  My hands and mind weren't into it; but I played nonetheless, getting better as the time went on.  It was the first time I was grateful the session was over as I sounded terrible.
Reading was the next thing on my list.  I'm currently zooming through 'The Traveler' by John Twelve Hawks.  His book is turning into a good one.  And I can see it's going to be something I won't be able to put down soon as it's coming to a crux in the next few chapters... I can feel it!  Oh, how fun!  I love these kinds of books (writing as well as reading them).  I read about 30 pages while sitting out the front of my unit and then another 25 or so while out in the back yard.  It was lovely to sit on my maroon seat and read where I'd normally sit in Summer; as it wasn't cold but not too hot either, and that was a first in Winter for that to happen.

Well, I brought in the laundry at around 4pm, but some of it was still wet; even though it had been out there for a good full day.  But you see, the sun hadn't been out fully all day. It had been playing hide'n'seek with the clouds - which had been threatening to rain all day too.  So, I was constantly watching the weather from my computer room window all day.  I just couldn't relax and enjoy the day.  But the only things that were wet were two pairs of jeans and a pair of socks. 
I spent my evening painting more clothes pegs and watching television after a stir-fry with prawns... a very nice meal; but I don't think the prawns really suit the stir-fry that I do.  Next time I'll leave them out and put in the bacon.  It was a late night and I got to bed around 11:30pm and didn't bother reading the book; just switching off the light.  But sleep didn't come all that easily.  So, I'm tired today.  It must be the weather.

Well, until my next post, keep warm (or cool whatever your situation may be).

No comments:

Post a Comment