Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Cooling Off

This morning, I woke to overcast clouds and a cool breeze.  Normally, it warms up to a nice hot day and windy weather; however, today it has stayed overcast and there's been a few drizzly showers and rain.  It's good reading weather.  
But I'll start with yesterday.  I was tired again; but not as bad as Sunday.  I got reading 'Legacy' by David Suzuki and read up to page 40 of 'Baudolino' by Umberto Eco (I'm getting through a lot more of it than I thought I would).  They're both good books.
the kitchen got a good clean up as I washed up everything and put away a lot of other stuff.  I also wiped down all the counters and cleaned the stove.  Then, I moved onto my bedroom.
This room has been ignored for the last three months... now that's dreadful; but true.  I attacked it yesterday.  I put away all my clothes I wanted and put the clothes I didn't want into a bag for the next charity store run.  All my bath towels are put away as are my jackets, dresses and clothes that Mum gave me last year in her clean out.  I have also taken the laundry basket downstairs and put it back where it's supposed to be - and hasn't been in the last three months.  Then, I tidied up the reading area next to my bed so that the books I'm currently reading are closest to my bed and the ones I've got next in line are not too far off

These are books I find a challenge to read; or are reference books.

This took about two hours to do and I found it very much worthwhile.  I threw out three or four plastic bags, put away an X-Ray that had been sitting around, tossed out a belt that broke and can't be fixed and put away about seven pairs of socks, all my undies and found my favourite belt (which I bought from at the Queen Vic Markets in Melbourne) and also found a place for an Oroton purse I had purchased a few months back too (bringing my collection to around 15 handbags or so).  
Once this room had been fixed up - and I found the chair we had put into it - I was pleased to know how big it actually is.  The next room I'll be attacking is the home office.  I've left this one until last because I do spent a lot of time here and I need to find out exactly what I need in here; and what I don't... and that doesn't mean getting rid of my books.  There's other crap in here I need to get rid of and storage room which needs to be utilised. Until my next post, take care, keep safe and remember, I'm always here.

2 comments:

  1. Holy Cow! No wonder it's raining
    I'm proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mum. And there's more cleaning up to come too. It's just taking time.

    ReplyDelete