Monday, April 18, 2011

Dull Days

For a good part of the weekend, it's been dull and overcast.  This is good sleeping and reading weather.  I got in and did some serious writing of two books.  One of them was Fry Nelson Bounty Hunter: Book 3.  Yes, I've finally started on that one again... it's hard not to screw up a trilogy, and I don't intend to start now on my first try.  My other book is a new erotic fiction called The House Sitter; about a professional house sitter who travels the world house sitting for people who go on world trips, business trips and people who have left their houses empty for over a year to make sure nobody breaks into them.  She doesn't have a permanent home, so takes all her furniture from one place to the next with her; until this particular house when she finds that old, bad habits come back to haunt her and a new romance is around the bend (or is it next door?).  
I have also restarted my self-portrait.  I just sat there looking out the door for a few months going nowhere and so I sanded it down more, put some white paint on it and covered the background in a green/blue hue and have done a white outline.  It looks very basic, but I'm looking at it with fresh eyes as the face is much closer than the one I originally drew.
Today, it has been raining all day and has been cold.  so, Little Miss Stevie has been under her covers all day and snoozing on her swing.  Personally, I don't blame her.  If I was a budgie, I'd be doing that too.  Me?  I had a nice hot shower and washed my hair (it's been needing it for a while) and then got myself dressed in my arty clothes to get in and do a few hours of painting done this afternoon before I get into some dinner... or maybe takeaway will be on the menu tonight; who knows?  Fish and chips?  
Well, this morning, I posted off a book baggie for Bookcrossing.  It's just in time for Winter too.  It's called the Varied Reading Winter Book Baggie; and even though it's only got five people on it, I know it'll be a lot of fun.  I have put in quite a few books I don't want anymore - and they are from my bookshelves, and not my Available List!  So, these are books the BCers haven't seen!  
Anyway, I have to be going.  I've got a painting to get into.  I won't be putting up any photos of it until it's finished.  Nope... no progress reports or anything until I get it done.  Until next time, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment