Friday, April 15, 2011

It's a Friday!

Yeah... Friday already and the week has been weird and crazy.  Since last week, I've caught a cold and have been battling with it.  I went off to the doctors on Tuesday, found I was working well with it, was given antibiotics and sent on my way.  It's going away, but taking it sweet time... as colds do.  When I got home, I found that my poor back neighbours came home to a big surprise!  The three shade trees in their back court yard have been cut down and the stumps poisoned.  So, I could see into their house; and they into mine.  Now, it opens up the place - sure - but really, if you're trying to sell a unit (which in this case, the landlord is trying to do) privacy is a big issue.  Zef and Kylie didn't appreciate this happening while they weren't home; and neither did I.  And the worse part is that the same landlord did it to two other units in the same complex; other units he's also wanting to sell.  
Well, on Monday night, 'Supernatural' had a season final and I thought that seeing that happened, I was going to have to wait another two months until another show finished it's stupidity (because really, some channels put on some really dumb shows over two times of the year:  Christmas and the middle of Winter).  But I was pleasantly surprised to find them advertise next week's show as a new season of 'Supernatural'!  The show's ratings must be huge for them to keep it going without a a break...  and I love it when they do this.  So, I'm really looking forward to Monday night.
Lately, though, I have been turning off the television at around 9:30pm as there's nothing on after that.  There's no good movies, no good sitcoms, no good funny shows... nothing to keep my attention or make me laugh as it's all been done before; it's all repeats.  So, I've been turning off the television and switching on the stereo system and playing some vinyls.  It's been very relaxing and groovy to do that... something I haven't done in years; since I was young.
This weekend, I'm hoping to get in and do some serious cleaning, vacuuming and attacking the bathroom.  It's not that it's disgusting, it's just that the floor needs a wash and so does the vanity; and I'd like to look at the shower and give it a good scrub at some point before the plumber gets in and does something about the taps and drains.  I've also got the office to finish off and the charity stuff to send off to Endo's and my stuff in the carport to send off too.  It's been out there for weeks... this is when I do wish I had a car so I could do this myself.  But then, there's too many nutty drivers out on the roads now... however that's another story for another time.
Well, that's my week.  I'm getting rid of my cold, getting rid of a lot of gear, was horribly surprised by some really dumb landlords over the back fence and have enjoyed the company of my dear, sweet little budgie... of course... and it's the end of another week of living on a fixed income.  I haven't bought anything out of the ordinary lately, and am still saving to go overseas and to get the piano tuned when I can.  Until my next post, take care, keep well and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment