Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Weekend

This weekend started off wet with a storm yesterday afternoon.  It was all thunder and lightning and plenty of rain filling our gutters and running down the drains.  But it didn't cool us off; instead making Brisbane warmer.  But that's Easter for you.
That morning, I had done some laundry, washed up a little, thrown out last weeks' newspapers and hung about on the net for a few hours.  Then, by around 2pm, I thought to read a little out the back with Little Miss Stevie to keep me company.  After the neighbour made it clear he was going to mow the lawn, I pulled in my laundry (as he did his) and had to wait until he did his lawn.  Then, I sat and read for about an hour or so with Little Miss Stevie sitting on the white table out the back.  She had a bath and was happy running around her cage and enjoying the fresh air.  I read about ten or fifteen pages of my book on how the Universe started from nothing.  It wasn't long before I noticed some clouds coming over and I thought it was a good time to get inside.
I hung out at one of my neighbour's places for an hour or so waiting for Gabe to drop by to see if his old television would fit in my television unit.  When he arrived - and Dad did too - we got it inside and found that it didn't fit by a few millimeters on either side.  So, we were stuck with a nice television that is front heavy that wouldn't fit at all.  He had to take the television to Mum and Dad's and leave me with mine... oh well. By the time they got the new television back in the Kombi, I had picked up my old one, slotted it back in and plugged in the cords around the back and side.  Dad was impressed I could pick up my set and remember where all the plugs went; but it was good it didn't take long.
Gabe got to look at my self-portrait and he said he had seen it on my Facebook page and thought it was brilliant; and even better in real life!  He said it looked different now I had done more work on it; and it will look better when I've finished it and got it framed.  I'm looking forward to that day.  Then, Dad asked if I had shown him the new view out the back I had; and I said I hadn't and did.  He was amazed how bare it looked and asked how come it happened.  Gabe said it was just wrong for the landlords over the fence to butcher the trees then try and sell the place without a privacy screen as good as trees like the ones that were there; he even said the place might not sell because it's so bare-looking.  I gave him three Easter Eggs for him, Kat and Riley before he left and then put the rest in the freezer for Sunday.
Today, I used a Dyson Vacuum to clean my carpets that one of my neighbours offered to lend me.  She said it's amazing and the suction on it is brilliant!  Well, I was absolutely surprised at how good it was!  I got my cleaning done in around 20 minutes; and not once did I sneeze!  But you should have seen the crap it pulled out of my carpet!  Because it's bagless, it doesn't throw dust up in the air and didn't make me sneeze - or make the bird sneeze either.  But it was exhausting pulling it around the place!  I had sweat pouring off me by the end of the time... and I had vacuumed my bedroom, lounge, office and bathroom.  It was amazing how much of my hair ended up in it!  And how good my house looks now... how little I cough now too!  I'm going to see if I can trade in my present vacuum for a small Dyson to find out how much it'll cost as they're brilliant cleaners.
For the rest of today, I'll be reading, writing, dusting, washing up and mowing the lawn (if the weather holds out) and putting away the laundry.  It'll free up the rest of my weekend to do whatever I want; after all we all have until Tuesday off... our first five-day weekend... very cool!
So, what are you up to this weekend?  How are you celebrating Easter?  Is there going to be an Easter Egg Hunt and a morning at church?  Or is your day going to be more relaxed around family and reading the paper?  For me, it's the latter as we're not that religious.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment