Friday, April 1, 2011

Busy Day

It was a rainy cold day... but before it turned into that, I had plenty of time to get outside and fix up a few things.
I did the laundry - which was put onto the clothes horse and then brought inside just in time for the first lot of showers!  Then, I checked the mail, paid the phone and gas bills over the phone, fed Little Miss Stevie, put out the rubbish, pruned the two shrubs out the front and put the off cuts in the green bins at the back of the complex.  Once back home, I fixed a paling on the back fence and then, made my drink, turned on the computer and jumped online... yep that was my morning.
This afternoon was just as busy.  I got offline around 3pm or so; around the same time one of my dear friends was being laid to rest in Bundaberg.  Rest in Peace, Norm Clark.  You're a true friend.  I went downstairs pulled apart Little Miss Stevie's cage, got her onto my shoulder and washed and scrubbed it on the washing machine.  For the whole time, she ran around on the side of it trying to crap on me... she thought it was fun to do that.  I washed all her stuff inside the cage too... her swing, her mirror and bells too.  Once it was back together, I found she just loved making a mess of it again.  Then, I went for a walk to the front of the complex and checked my letterbox and found no junkmail and came home where I grabbed a book, a cushion and my reading glasses and cordless phone and read for about an hour.
By this time, it was almost 4:30pm.  I closed up the house and dropped into unit 16 for a chat.  It didn't last very long... but it was nice.  I got home, made dinner and watched 'What Dreams May Come' with Robin Williams in it.  Now it's late and I'm about to go to bed as I'm really tired.  
Tomorrow, I have to wash up, send Little Miss Stevie off to Mum and Dad's and then get myself ready to go to my friends' house for dinner.  It's going to cool.  I'll be taking my camera - of course.  Until next time, take care, keep safe and remember, I'll always be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment