Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wet Old Shopping Day

This morning, I woke to an overcast, cold day.  But that didn't deter me from having a nice hot shower and getting ready to go out shopping.  While I was eating breakfast, Dad came over and looked at a Body Corporate letter that had come in the mail yesterday and offered to take me to the shops.  I said that I usually left at around 9:50am but he said that he had a few things to around the place before we left; so while I was getting ready, he went and did his things.  
By 9:30am or so, we were standing on the front door stoop waiting for a shower of rain to pass while I locked up.  The front window was closed and I told Dad about the day I left and it was really hot but while I was out, it poured rain and came in the front... Stevie got wet, all the lace got wet, and the credenza got wet too.  When I arrived home, she had thrown all her food and water trays everywhere to try and get my attention ... he laughed.  So, now, when there's rain around, I keep that window closed.  
Dad took me to the post office and then to the petshop to pick up Stevie's millet and a cuttle bone for her.  Then, he offered to drive me to Woolworths; even though it was only across the road.  As soon as I was inside and I had waved him off, I picked up a basket and some mushrooms, turned around and found it was pouring rain outside!  Wow!  Didn't I time that right?  Well, it didn't take long for me to get my vegetables and two blocks of 'Whitaker's' Dark Chocolate together and then to the checkout.  By the time I got outside around twenty minutes later, the shower had passed and I was ready to walk to K-Mart Central Plaza.
I hit my usual places where I shopped - Woodys', the chemist and Coles - and then by the time I finished the shop, only an hour had passed by and I called up Dad to see if he was in the area.  He was my unit complex.  However, I said if he wasn't coming my way, I'd catch a cab home - no probs - but he said he's come and get me.  So, I checked out the newsagents, to see which 'Good Reading Magazine' they had and then headed out the front.  It was good of Dad to pick me up when I could have taken a taxi home.  He had been waiting for the fencing guy to show up and he hadn't shown until I phoned him.
On the way home, he asked how it went and I said that I stuck to my list and stayed within budget.  He's pleased I make a list and don't wonder outside it; and that I shop in the morning just after breakfast.  I said that it's easier for me because then I get it all done in a few hours and have the day to myself; and I'd never shop at the end of the day as it's then you buy stuff you don't need or want because the place is closing.  In the morning, you've just eaten breakfast, the shelves are full of fresh food, you've got all the energy from breakfast and you have the day ahead of you after you've finished.  
The great thing is that I'm paying off the vampire shows and Supernatural shows quickly as sometimes I'll put $20 on the laybys instead of $10; so it pays it off faster.  But seeing I'm hoping to be working soon with some paid work, I'll get in and add more money into it to get more paid off.
Well, I'm home now, Little Miss Stevie had some apple for snack and is singing up a storm downstairs now.  Before I gave her the apple she was ready to take a piece out of me... now that's mood swings for ya!  Anyway, she still a sweetheart when she wants to be.  The day looks like it's clearing up; but it's probably best not to think that too soon... it may yet rain again.  Until my next post, take care, keep well and remember, I'm always here.

1 comment:

  1. hey mozette... wow you will be working soon... what sort of job did you get? that is fabulous news... tell us all about it

    take care

    rgds
    cate

    ReplyDelete