Saturday, February 11, 2012

Busy Days

Right now, I've got a sore arm.  Yep, I started a new painting and was overzealous and failed to pick up my arm support; injuring the muscles in my arm.  It hurt more yesterday than it does today, so I'll be away from the easel today as I was yesterday too.  It's a matter of resting up my arm until the muscle heals a little.  Otherwise, I have to find other things to do in the meantime.
So, I have decided to do some more cleaning out.  Yes, just like last year, I'm doing this again.  however, this time, I'm working on my storage spaces and clothes.  I have a lot of clothes that either don't fit me or I don't wear anymore; either way, they are going to a charity and I'm going to find other clothes that suit me and work on a new wardrobe (but that's for another time for me to write about, of course).
As for the storage space?  Well, I began on the spare room wardrobe and successfully filled a medium-sized rubbish bag within 45 minutes.  I was just really brutal and threw out magazines from 2006 that I didn't need and want.  I read everything, made sure I had the right things in the right piles and put back what I wanted and tossed exactly what I didn't.  And after the last few years of being honest with myself, I have found it easier and easier to be able to throw out what I don't want. 
On Wednesday afternoon, I found a medium-sized craft box that I could paint up for my coffee table, a wall hanging that has a lovely saying on it for a space next to front door and a couple of other things that I think would work downstairs... most of the other things I found ended up in the bin.  Now, I have the rest of the office to finish up and I know what needs to be done.  I need to make sure I keep nothing that isn't useful and find a use for things that are.  I have found somethings that don't belong to me; things that are other people's and I'd like to return them to their rightful owners.  However, I came upon some written work of a friend who has passed away and I don't know what to do with it.  So, I've just left a note with another fellow writer who would know who to pass it onto - or what to do with it (not that I don't want it; it's not mine to have or publish).
Anyway, today - this morning - I did get a lot done.  There's four loads of laundry out on the line, all the washing up has been one (except for one pan with dirty water in it from a day ago), the pets are happily fed, I vacuumed the bathroom (to ready it for a good clean-up) and I've checked my mail box out the front for junk mail and all my e-mail... otherwise, I've still got a lot to get done this weekend.  
The sun has just come out from behind the clouds for the first time today and it's almost midday; what a relief!  I thought it was going to be overcast all day!  After all the rain we've had, I love to see the sun here in Brisbane.  Well, until my next post, take care, keep warm and safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment