Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Let's Just Blame Telstra

This week, on Monday, I was sitting eating breakfast, organising myself and what calls I had to make to all different people before I jumped on the net to do some serious work online when I heard a truck pull up nearby.  I'm always curious about who's around and who's not, so I took a peek and found a Telstra van outside my neighbour's house.  It didn't stay long, so I didn't worry about it.
However I did worry when I picked up my phone and found a massive amount of static on the line.  So, I went in search of the Telstra van to find out what he was going that might be disturbing my line.  He was about halfway down the complex looking at the lines.  I explained what was happening and he said for me to talk to my service provider, but I said that the lines were Telstra lines; he didn't seem to realise what he was doing to the lines were causing the problems.  By the time I had gotten home, my phone line was dead.  I went to find the guy again, but he was gone.  So, I had to sms my folks and they called Optus who diverted my landline calls to my mobile for me until the line is fixed by them on Thursday.  
What I don't understand is that my bills come through Optus and yet the phone lines I use are owned by Telstra.  It's weird.  
So, it's really quiet at my place seeing I can't call anyone and the internet isn't in use.  Instead I've been sitting around and reading, listening to music and catching up with cleaning out other things around my upstairs bedrooms.  This is a good thing, but I'd like the use of my computer's internet back; as I am paying good money for it.  And it wasn't my fault this happened.  
Now, tomorrow, I have shopping to do, and that will have to split into two days instead of one.  I'll be going out on Thursday as well to pick up a few things I couldn't get on Wednesday.  Then, on Friday, I have to go out to Garden City to pick up something else and I'll be away for the night and half of Saturday... what a tiring week!  All because of some idiot's moves from Telstra.  I hate it that this week has had to be changed around all due to this.
Have you ever had to change your plans as suddenly as this; and have it not be your fault?  It's not the the going out that bothers me, it's the matter of having to wait for so long to have things to have things to be fixed that's the problem.  Until my next post, take care, keep warm and safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment