Saturday, October 12, 2013

I've Finished It!

At last!  I've finished it!  Yes!  My Four Month Makeover of my home and gardens has been completed; and I have 2 weeks to spare!  Sure, there's a few little pots to buy, but what's a pot or two and some potting mix?  All the majorly huge stuff is done; all thanks to having access to a car.  If I didn't have that, I wouldn't have been able to get all of the things I wanted to get done, well done.

This morning was the day I finally finished up on one of the things around the garden and now, I can kick back and enjoy the results of my hard work.  And you know, it's difficult not to find something to do around the place... a little plant here, repotting there... yeah, I've become addicted to fixing up my place.  But I'll have to push myself to just enjoy the work I've put into the place and make sure I don't buy anything unless I have to.  

There's still stuff I didn't get for the garden which I wanted to.  For example, there were the solar lights I missed out on buying - but I might ask for a good set for Christmas.  I want to also get a proper bird bath to attract birds to my garden again.  And now, I'm going to save up big for a couple of park benches I want to put around the garden to make it look and feel lovely.  I told Gabe about this plan - which is just a finishing touch really - and he thought it sounds great, but they're expensive, and he has warned me about getting addicted to home renovations.  I said I know I could get addicted (and I do feel the pull of it bugging me) and that I'm pushing myself to sit down and enjoy what I've done.  However, after working on a project for so long, I've found it hard to just sit down and enjoy it for what it is now... have you ever found it hard to do that?

Anyway, last night, I invited a neighbour over for dinner - he was moving out today and he was stuffed from packing everything - and we sat out in the back yard chatting.  He said I had done a great job on my yard; and the new setting was gorgeous; and the seats were very comfy... and for $179.00, it was well worth it.  However, we found we were being eaten alive by the mozzies!  How in the hell did I happen to get mozzies in my yard?  So, we rushed inside and today I looked around my little bit of dirt for stagnant water.  Sure enough I found 2 buckets of it with plants going rotten in the bottom both of them!  So, I tipped out the water and threw out the plants immediately.  By sunset, I won't have any mosquitoes!  And by next week, they won't be around my yard anymore.  

Well, anyway, for the next week or so, I'll be busily sorting out Mum and Dad's house, visiting a friend, shopping for a birthday gift and doing a huge shop for Mum and Dad for when they arrive home.  I can't wait until this month is finished... so much is going on in it.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

2 comments:

  1. Well done! Where did those last four months go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I know what you mean! They seemed to flash on by... well it goes to show that time really does fly when you're having fun! :D

      Delete