Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Around the Corner

It seems that everything in my life is just around the corner.  There's my collection of coin purses ... where I'll be collecting my 100th purse.  That's just around the corner.  I don't know how many handbags I have (truthfully, I haven't counted them) so I'll need to soon to find out how many I do have.  
Then, there's Winter which is just around the corner.  The days have been getting shorter and shorter and colder too.  Also, the sun has been turned around in a different direction; just slightly.  And my miniskirt has taken a back seat to my jeans and jumpers and long-sleeved shirts and skivvies.  I've been making sure the weather is nice and clear to do my laundry - with a nice breeze - so that it'll all dry in time before it gets too cold and it's all wet again because the dew will fall.
Little Miss Stevie has to be covered over before the sun goes down along with the front curtains pulled and the lights turned on so she doesn't catch a cold.  She's just turned 5 years old; meaning that she's now a middle-aged budgie... quite old really but young at heart.
Also just around the corner, I'll be helping a friend of mine pull together a blog for a woman who needs one designed.  She asked him but he's not sure how to do it; and I've been asked to help manage it too!  How good is that?  I've never been asked to manage another person's blog before... of course I said I'd help.  And I'm looking forward to going next Monday to my friend's house to get this blog going.  He's also hoping to learn about blogs too so he can get one up and going as well for himself.
Another thing that's just around the corner for me is piano lessons.  Yep, I'll be off to learn more about playing and improvising on my Victor piano.  I'm going well with the self-taught books; but I'd like to know more about how to get my mind to be a little more open with how to get it around the notes that aren't on the paper; a bit like automatic writing.  Improve is easy once you've learnt how to do it, but hard in the learning process.  And seeing I've only been taught to read what's in front of me, I'd like to know what's not in front of me and play the music I hear in my mind, as well as the notes on the paper.
So, what's just around the corner for you?  Is it exams, or holidays?  Is it a sale you've been waiting for?  Is it a trip you've saved up for and have organised?  Do tell us.

No comments:

Post a Comment