Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Rainy Day Activities.

It began raining last night at around 9pm and it hasn't stopped... so today when I woke to the alarm, I wondered what I was going to get up to.  I did have plans to do some laundry; and that went out the window in a hurry!  So, I paid some bills, and readied myself to go out into the wet to walk to the Post Office and post off a parcel to Caboolture, then meander to the chemist further down the road to pick up a prescription of Tegritol (I was low on it).  
Once home, I found I had two other parcels to ready as I had bought two 3kg bags to post off again.  This is something I'll do tomorrow morning on my daily ritual of collecting the mail.  One of the bags will be posted off to Victoria; full of books for one of my Bookcrossing friends.  She's been waiting for a long time for this parcel and so I'm looking forward to posting it off to her.  I'm also posting off another one to a Western Australian Bookcrosser who has been waiting for a long time for her parcel; about a month in fact.  But, I wanted it to be perfect.  So, tomorrow I'll be sending off these two parcels during my daily mail pick-up.
Today, while online, I uploaded some photos onto the  Collectors site and  found it uplifting to know that there's people like me out there who collect things just like I do and can't go without walking past markets or second-hand shops to search for that particular coin purse or handbag.  And I do love my coin purses a lot... they are just so cute!
Yep, today has been one for the birds, ducks and anything else that love the wet!  And so, Little Miss Stevie has been all fluffed up on her swing keeping warm.  While she's been doing that, I've closed up the house and pulled the curtain at the front to keep the cold out; as cold weather is a budgie's worst enemy.  I also gave her a good long cuddle and she was so please to know she wasn't the only one who was feeling a little chilly today as my nose was cold.  So, until my next post, keep your feet dry.

2 comments:

  1. Will be able to write soon. Sorry been so long.

    Your blog is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Naked Wombat. Good to see you back here. :D How's things?

    ReplyDelete