Monday, May 24, 2010

Cleaning House

Okay, I gotta admit something I find very embarrassing... I'm not the best housekeeper in the world.  Honestly, I'm not.  Some parts of my house are tidy - like the piano, stereo system and where Little Miss Steve's cage is.  But otherwise, the rest of the place is a mess.  The lounge has one space on it for me to sit and that's it (and it's a three-seater lounge).  The kitchen table isn't all that tidy from one day to the next.  And my bedroom has laundry from only God knows how long ago.
So, seeing I had a big clean out in February, it would only further my house along if I put away things that needed putting away.  And I've begun already.  The office was started on yesterday and there are things that were sitting around the place that have a home.  I cleaned out a bag off goodies that showed up in the mail before I went to Mooloolaba and I went and cleaned out the bag yesterday afternoon and figured out what I wanted and what I didn't; keeping unused Christmas and Birthday cards for those special people in my lives this year; thus saving myself some money.  The stuff I'm saving has been put into a box and onto a hand-made desk in my office so I know where it all is. Also in this box is things that I'll be giving away to Bookcrossers across the world.
Now, all I need to do is find a container for my Life History stuff by the door and seal it up in a way that I can find things.  Right now, it's in two bags just sitting there!  And I'm constantly tripping over them.  So, what I'm thinking of getting is a Constantina Folder so that I can put each item into a certain section in it and store it properly.  This will take a few weeks to tidy up this office.
While I'm slowly cleaning up this room I'll be working on the lounge room, kitchen and my art area near the back door.  I need some things to put my art gear into for when I'm not using it all; something which I can access when I want to open it all up and just paint or collage whenever I want.  I don't want to be stuck having to move crap out of the way.  So, it looks like I'll be saving up some money to work on buying something second-hand or from 'Sam's Warehouse'  Otherwise, I'll have to put it all into the lidded container I have.  Such a pain!  It does need to look tidier though; and something I can clean around with a broom and a vacuum cleaner.
Yep, now I've cleaned out the house, I'm tidying it up.  In the next few posts, I'll let you in on why I'm doing.  And it's not because I have somebody in my life - I don't - there's a more interesting reason than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment