Saturday, May 29, 2010

May's Something Different!

Wow!  We're back here again!  And hasn't this month gone fast!  Well, first thing's first!  I got a lot done!  And traveled to this time!

On 1st, May, I scored big at Rockaway's Vinyl Sale!  And as you all know, I love vinyls in the biggest way!  So, at $4.00 each, how could I walk past it?  I bought as many as I could afford - which was only 4 unfortunately - and have played them all!

The 8th,May saw Mum and I going to Meadowbrook
Park at Loganlea to a Logan City Council celebration of Volunteers around Logan.  It was the day Logan Valued Volunteers; and we had a free lunch and coffee and got to kick back and enjoy ourselves with Dean Vegas singing up a storm that afternoon!  I even got to meet him!  And what a hottie!  Mum loves him too!

Between 17th - 22nd May, Mum and I took off to Mooloolaba at the Sunshine Coast.  I had won a 2-night stay at the Mantra on the Beach Hotel up there and so invited my Mum to take me (let's face it, I don't have a boyfriend of anyone special in my life; so I thought to give this to my Mum as a Mother's Day pressie).  We spent our time traveling around Eumundi and going to the massive market there, visiting Yandina and 'The Ginger Factory' and then looking in on the first European settlement - Coolum Beach - on the way back all in one day.   We also met-up with some Bookcrossers and had dinner at family up there too at Pelican Waters.  Fortunately, the weather was on our side until the day before we left when it began to rain.

On May 24th, I thought it was time to clean up the house... after all, I've cleaned out the house in February, so why not tidy up.  It's a big job, but it's gotta be done.  And three days later, I did my first section of the house - the art area next to the back door.  I'll be attacking another section today and tomorrow.
Today, I found out something even bigger than something I've done.  It's big news.  I found out that Gary Coleman (the child-star from 'Dif'rent Strokes') has passed away at the young age of 42.  He was an angry man and had big problems in his life; and I do hope he rests in peace now.

So, that's all that's happened in my month of May.  Stay tuned for next month.  You never know what's going to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment