Thursday, March 10, 2011

Brisbane Autumn - At Last!

I love Autumn in Brisbane; it's just a lovely mixture of Summer and Spring and Winter all rolled into one season.  We have had a dreadful, wet Summer where my hometown flooded for a second time in my life (but the first time, I didn't remember it thankfully).  And now, we've got the windy, overcast days where the cicadas are out ringing, I'm reading two or three books at a time and I'm going to get my hair coloured in two days' time.  Yep, it's a good time to get into fun things in Autumn.
In the last week, I've been to Bent Books at West End, and did a great review on the very colourful store; and also scored myself 'Catch-22' by Joseph Heller.  I went to a birthday party where it got chilly, began to rain and then turned really cold that night.  But the company was great, so was the food; so we forgot about how bad the weather was outside.
In the coming weeks, my brother's band, Blue Honey, is playing at The Zoo in the Valley on St Patrick's Day.  This ought to be fun as everything is going to be green and Brisbane is going to come alive with the Irish.  Anyway, I'm also looking forward to finishing a collage I've been painting up, finishing up reading a few books I'm halfway through and then getting some art into 'Inspired Gallery' in June.  I've also asked Blue Honey to play there on opening night.  Gabe's been looking forward to seeing my work on the walls of a gallery for a long time... so have I.  
Anyway, that's all I have for now.  Little Miss Stevie's going well.  Her foot is getting better.  My piano playing still sucks; but I'm still working on it.  I'm forever cleaning out parts of my house and throwing out bags and bags of crap... and that's a good thing!  And well, I'm hoping to work on a few new books soon, once I finish an erotica romance and a serious naturist romance... both of which are being written side by side; it's really strange how totally different they are.  Well, until my next post, take care and remember, I'll always be here.

1 comment:

  1. Naturist romance hey? When you get that one published, I'll have to post about it.

    Sorta been missing Brissy but I don't miss all the hectic ways of the Big Smoke.

    ReplyDelete