Saturday, March 12, 2011

The World's Greatest Shave Event!

Today was the day where I attended the free event at Springwood's Centro Shopping Centre and got my hair sprayed with purple and blue hair spray... and did we have fun!  
It poured rain on the way there, so I got my family to meet up with me down there.  And while I was waiting for them, I ran into Maria and Kory Koppenol; my cousin's wife and his son.  They had donated there but sponsored me too after they heard I was getting my hair coloured.  However, Kory got a little restless and so Maria had to take him home soon after my family arrived with Riley in tow.  
I signed up and waited my go and while we were waiting a policeman got his head shaved and his legs.  Then a man got his head, arms and legs shaved and a few ladies got their head shaved too.  The MC for the morning offered Dad to get his beard shaved off and started getting people to bid; but Dad said his work was doing a fundraising day of it next week.
Soon, it was my turn and I went up there, sat in the seat and had the bright orange smock put on me.  The hairdresser asked me what I'd like and I said to do one half purple and the other half blue... and we had fun doing it.  The spray stunk to high heaven, but it was for a worthy cause and I kept in mind all the people who I was doing this for; mainly my friends on Bookcrossing who are dealing with Cancer in one way or another, my Uncle who has begun his battle with it, family friends who have been fighting it for years and those who have passed on from my life I have fond memories of who lost their battles too soon.  Also I have fought it also and survived it too; and so I did this for anyone else who might get this or any other kind of cancer so they can get the research they need as the government here doesn't supply any money to support them.
For the rest of the day, I spent it with my family eating lunch, drawing with my niece Riley and reading 'Catch-22' as well as uploading a photo album on my Facebook page of the free event.  However for those who aren't my friends on there, I've put up some great photos here.  

A before shot with my choice in hair colour!




Halfway through with mad-eyed look... hehe


From the back... not a bad look really.



With the MC today after my new hair style.

Jay the dog was with us too and so it ended up being a good day for everyone.  I got home from Mum and Dad's and washed my hair with Anti-dandruff shampoo and bi-carb soda (to get the blue colour out) three times and then washed it with my usual shampoo and conditioner and my hair colour is back to its normal colour!  Can't say the same about my shower!  There's still a few spots of blue hair colour on the tiles and glass I've gotta get off.... eeewww!  My t-shirt has a big blue stain on it the back and my ears are still full of the blue hair colour too!  Thankfully it came off my neck and face.  Well, that's all from me for now... until next time, stay safe and keep well; and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment