Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Overcast Wednesday

I have had a good time this week.  It's been busy and fun and enjoyable and relaxing... and that's since Sunday.  Hard to believe I've had this much fun.  Well, I have.  Sunday, had us with a new events magazine in our Sunday Mail... very swish.  I think it was okay; except the book section was kinda small.  They could've made it bigger; but they squished it right at the back on a quarter of a page, making it not very impressive at all. The rest of the magazine was full of movies, places to go, things to do, food to cook and taste... but the book section looked pathetic; as though it was a sin to read.  
Monday saw me washing my brown shirt that I wore on Saturday... it had gotten a big spot of blue hair spray on it and I couldn't get it out.  However, after a soaking, I did; and it had transferred to the front of the damn thing!  So, on Tuesday, I got in and sprayed it with some stain remover and scrubbed it; only to have the gold that was on that transfer come off!!!!  Jeez!  I just can't win!  My favourite shirt looks all washed out instead of cool and retro... bugger!  All Mum could do was laugh at me.  Next year, I'm wearing a painting shirt to the Leukemia Event; so if any of the spray gets on the shirt, it doesn't matter, the shirt is supposed to get dirty. 
Also on Tuesday, I got a whole lot of washing done.  Jeans, undies, Summer shirts and a mini-skirt were washed; and it all dried by around 3pm.  Yep, it was a warm enough day for it.  I also washed up a little, and ended up outside in the carport with Little Miss Stevie doing a reading challenge I had put on for myself.  It was great.  I set aside three books, grabbed the deck chair, my hand-painted table, a bottle of Cranberry juice and my camera and phones and took in the cool afternoon between midday and 4pm to get some chapters behind me of 'Catch-22', 'The Gargoyle' and 'The Alchemist'... all three were great choices; as I read a good lot of each one.  And I think I'll do it again in the coming months when I want to read more than one book at a time again.  I enjoyed the time of just having the afternoon to myself and being able to watch the day slide by and not have to be anywhere, have to do anything but listen to the radio and I ended up observing a young Blue Tongue Lizard strolling across my carport floor right in front of me, using his tongue to smell the air (as they have the worst eyesight).  And the best thing was that I got a great shot of him with his tongue out (as you can see from the collage).  Little Miss Stevie had a lovely bath in drinking water before she realised that her real bath was in her cage... such a funny and stubborn bird... and then she really jumped in.  And she enjoyed feeling the warm breeze on her feathers and played around the cage happily; until the Mickey Birds came around and put her off.  I had to put her back inside then as the family of them made her nervous.
Time flew by quickly; and I really didn't want to go inside, and yet I had to.  I had a shower to take, dinner to cook, the laundry to pull in and the shopping list to finish off.  I also thought it would be a good idea to get my washing up all done last night.  So, by 9:30pm, it was finished.

Today, it's been sunny and hot; with a bit of cloud to make us wonder if it's going to rain.  I found a few good scores at the Life Line Store at Logan Central, found steel wool scourers at Woolworths and picked up everything I needed while I was out.  I didn't go over budget at all.  It was great.  I even got home early - well before midday - and thought I had to get a new seal on my freezer door; but it was because there was too much in the door, making it pop open when I closed the fridge door.  
Well, that's been my day.  The radio's going and my last sponsor dropped off their money today; this means I can cash the money at the Post Office and send in the book and sponsor sheet tomorrow morning to the Leukemia Foundation.  The amount I've raised completely will show online... I know around $300 doesn't sound like much, but to the people who need it the most, it is.  And I'll be doing this again next year.  Until my next post, keep safe, and remember, I'm always here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment