Thursday, March 3, 2011

Yesterday

Yesterday was an interesting day... it began good and ordinary and ended up being more than a little screwed up.  The one way I knew it was going to be screwed up was that I caught the wrong bus and had to walk an extra one hundred metres to the pet store to buy more bird seed for Little Miss Stevie; not my finest moment, but then, it was good exercise.
I walked to the local Life Line Store and found a few good things and a really lovely set of three commemorative coins from China of the Beer Festival there from 1992.  What a set it was!  And they were all still in their case too!  I didn't buy them though - even though I was thinking of getting them for Gabe and he loves beer, he's now into coffee more than anything.  So, I bought what I wanted to buy and left the store.  On the way to Woolworths, I noticed that there was a rubbish bin rolling around on its side with its door open in the middle of the footpath; and people were stepping over and around it.  Nobody made a move to pick it up and put it back on its feet!  They all gave it a sideways glance as if to ignore it would make it go away... how lazy can you get?  So, I put my blue trolley off to one side, picked it up, set it on its feet and pushed it against the wall with the door on the wall so it wouldn't flap open again; and kept going on my way with my trolley.  I had food shopping to do and so I pulled out my hand sanitiser and washed my hands.  Nobody helped me with the stupid thing and I think it was just because they all thought it was dirty.  Hey, my wheelie bin and my toilet has more germs than that bin did... what were these people scared of?
Well, I did my food shopping and walked off to K-Mart Plaza where I scored two more sponsors for The World's Biggest Shave at 'Woodys':  Carol and Stephen.  When Stephen heard I was doing the shave, he laughed and asked if all my hair was going and I said I was colouring it blue and purple and he immediately sponsored me $5.00; so did Carol.  Then, I told them which free event I was getting it done at and they said they'd try and make it to watch; otherwise, they'll look for the photos on my Facebook page.
I got home late yesterday as I had a few other things to do and money ran short.  I found that my monthly book magazine - Good Reading Magazine - hadn't shown up again... so I just now e-mailed the editor and asked where I could get my hot little hands on a copy.  I had this problem in January and received a free copy; I just hope I don't have to get this kind of thing all the time.  I'd like to pay for my magazines; it makes me feel like I've earned them.  But I did get Vivienne's birthday card.  The last time I was at the newsagency, I spotted these 1920's French Influence birthday cards and almost got one for Riley, but remembered them this time for Vivienne instead.  And so, I picked out a lovely one and will write on it tonight before I begin packing for the weekend.
When I got home, I had received a phone call from Mum.  But when I tried to call her back, she wasn't at home all day.  Last night, I found out that my Uncle was in hospital and they were doing tests.  I won't put up here for what as it's a little too personal, but I'm concerned about his health as he's the eldest of my Uncles and one of my favourites.
Well, today, I'm off to the Logan Art Gallery to do my volunteer work; an afternoon shift.  I was told this morning that quite a few volunteers have resigned.  So, I told Mum and she's thinking of signing on to be a volunteer there and I've encouraged her to do it too.  I hope she does as she'd love it there in the air-conditioning; a time to catch up on her reading and meet new friends and look at lovely art too.  Well, that's all from me for now.  I've got other things to do.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe, and remember... I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment