Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The City - Brisbane City

Today, I went out to the city for the first time since the floods.  It looked just the same; and was very busy and wet with showers coming and going, and there was me without my umbrella.  It didn't matter as I waited under the massive awnings of the Queen Street Mall and other buildings and waited for it to leave while leaning against the buildings.  It was nice to be in the city for the first time in almost a year and enjoying the busyness of it all.
I did have things to do in there.  First, I had to find a book for my Mission:  Bookcrossing game.  On the list were books I had never heard of; and for a good reason... they were kids books.  So, I headed off to a Dymocks store and asked the shop assistant there to see if they had one of the books off the list I had with me explaining the game to her.  She said it sounded like fun and helped me out.  So, now, I have the book and now, it's ready for transportation... and seeing some of my followers are Bookcrosser, I'm not letting you in on what my mission is.  Sorry, it's between The Chief and me.
But between the showers, walking around the city and perusing shops full of vinyls, books and other things, I managed to get home at around 2pm.  I also had a wicked lunch of pizza; and not just any pizza!  It was pizza from 'New York Slice'!  A place where you could buy pizza made just like they do in The Big Apple.  And man, it was delicious!  The slices were thin, laden with ingredients and you could actually see that garlic chunks on it too.  I loved it all... and it was so hot!  What I didn't eat, I gave to the pigeons.  Two of them fought over what I was tossing on the ground for them; greedy little things.  
On my way home, I dropped into Garden City to recharge my Go-Card and found that 'Good Reading' Magazine had shown up.  It was a week and a half late, but I'm glad it made it; and so I bought that to read at the bus stop while waiting there.  Half an hour later, it arrived and I was only ten minutes from coming home.
Now, I've been home for a few hours, have a rotten headache (I always get them when I go to town) and Little Miss Stevie got a good cuddle and happily flew around the living room a few times.  Such a good bird!  It may not have been a fun-filled time in the city, but I'm glad I got out of the house today; as it will be my last time until this Saturday when I get my hair coloured.  Until my next post, stay safe and remember I'm always here.

1 comment: