Sunday, August 28, 2011

Allergies

It's that time of the year here in Australia when common allergies arise.  Be it from animals or flowers and trees, we can all be affected them.  I sneeze out of control and need antihistamines and they do help.  However, more recently, I've had to use them for another reason; and this is not to do with a runny nose caused by pollen.
I'm allergic to Garnier Fructis shampoo and conditioner; and when I wrote it in my Facebook status, I found out that I wasn't the only one out there who found this product faulty.  I bought a bottle of the fortifying shampoo and conditioner last fortnight and used them within a few days.  By the third wash I found I had what I thought were bites all over my neck, chest and arms; and I was scratching them  hard.   By last Friday night, I found I had to use Lavender Oil and my Nivea Night Cream to settle the itching; as I couldn't sleep.  
Then, on Saturday, I washed my hair a fourth time in the stuff and I found my allergy became worse!  I stopped under the water after washing out the conditioner and realised that this is what I was breaking out from.  I grabbed my Pantene and re-washed my hair thoroughly - and conditioned it in my Pantene conditioner - and the itching stopped immediately.  I had even changed over my towels (in case something had gotten into them and nested while they were on the line.  With this strange wet Winter we've been having, it's known to happen) and it turns out it wasn't my towels, it was what I washing my hair with.  So, I'll be returning the bottles of Garnier Fructis and crossing them off my shopping list, then going back to the most basic of shampoos and conditioners I can find.  Something that I won't be allergic to, something that dates back to when I was a kid and I washed my hair with... if it's still around.  Because if I can find it and it worked for me then, well, I'm sure it'll probably still work for me now.  
As for today's hairwashing?  I'll be using baby shampoo to keep my scalp from being scratched away by me and to sooth my skin from the rash.  It's a nice and gentle shampoo that will be good to use until I go shopping next.  So, when you do go shopping, and wish to try out a new shampoo you've never tried out, just be careful of it as it may not be all it says in the advertising.  Fructis not only isn't what it says in the advertising, but it also made my skin break out in a rash.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment