Friday, August 5, 2011

Friday Plans For the Weekend

It's been a fruitful week here full of overspending - by accident - followed by me trying to figure out what I'll be doing for this next fortnight with only $80 to live on.  There'll be no takeaway food or luxuries, that's for sure!  I'll be entertaining myself completely this time... no bus trips anywhere to big shopping centres, no visiting anyone and no posting off books or other parcels (even via sea mail) overseas.  Nope, this fortnight, I am going to try and keep that $80 in the bank and keep my money growing just that little bit more.  
This afternoon, I've got a busy lot of work lined up for myself.  With the washing up done, there's the kitchen floor to wash, the rubbish to put out, the laundry to put away, the shopping trolley (with all its reusable bags inside it) to put away, the vacuum to put away, the bathroom to tidy up, the kitchen table to tidy up and clear and then, there books to put away, bags I'm not using to stash in their own places (which I have made a place for each and every one of them; so that shouldn't be a chore) so I can find them again.  Then, I'll have dinner to prepare of chopping up pumpkin, sweet potato and carrots with garlic cloves.  I'm making my very famous orange vegetable combination soup that tastes gorgeous!  I'll also be looking at updating my recipe book too; making sure I've got all my recipes written down so I don't forget them (as I've invented a few new ones over the last year) and I can remember them when I pull the book down.
Yep, I'm going to get as much as I can done before the sun goes down today because I don't want to be working my butt off like I did two weeks ago.  Sure it was fun, but really, my weekends are for kicking back and enjoying reading books, or playing the piano or vinyls... even if it's raining, I'll get into my music or a good movie and it's just to enjoy what I've got right under my roof and not have to go out.  That's my belief of what a weekend is for... it's the end of a week, and work shouldn't be involved; and yet for many households, it is.
So, this weekend, I'm going to have two days where I do pretty much nothing and enjoy what I've got... look around myself and feel pretty good that I have a roof over my head, food in my pantry and fridge, my Grandma's piano to play, vinyls at my disposal (and a turntable that works), a little bird who loves me unconditionally (sometimes!) and all the books I'd ever wish for to read carefully crammed into one little room at the top of the stairs.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment