Saturday, August 13, 2011

Funny Endings and Stuffed Elephants

Do you know what I absolutely love?  I love funny twists to things; and I don't just mean movies or television shows.  I mean anything.  I love reading a book and it turns out nothing like I expect!  I love watching a television show and reading the end credits and finding something hilarious written in the end of it.  I grew up with television shows such as 'The Adam's Family' and 'The Munsters'; so my sense of humour is pretty interestingly dark.  I love to read funny books and do enjoy the odd practical joke - if it's dished out correctly.  But when I see something in a show that's definitely funny, and it's repeated all the time, I just have to tell others about it.
Okay, for example, I've been watching the last five minutes of 'Hercules' on the free-to-air cable lately.  Now, I'm not a big fan of the show because it's so corny and a that little bit lame.  But I watch the last five minutes for a good reason.  The end credits have funny and off-beat things they protect just before the copy-write section of it comes up; and it's mainly in the protection clause they put in the funniest things.  I've seen things like Mandrake being protected.  Now, Mandrake is a very poisonous plant; and to say none of it was harmed or destroyed is hilarious to me.  Another one was stuffed elephants... now that one had me giggling all night; and I just had to call my Mum immediately and share the funniness of it.  She was laughing as much as me.  Can you imagine protecting stuffed elephants in a television show; then have to put them down as not being harmed in the credits?  I've seen unicorns and fairies being unharmed and Sam and Phil and none of the other Piglet Brethren being harmed either.  All funny and hilarious to have to put in the credits of a show about a mythical hero; but it does show somebody has a sense of humour about it.
So, have you seen something similar to what I've been seeing on television?  Has something in life made you laugh recently and you just can't tell anyone about it?  If so, leave a comment and let us know what it is; and get us all to laugh about it; goodness knows, we do need a good laugh about now.  Until my next post, take care, keep warm and safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment