Friday, September 16, 2011

Friday! At Last!

It's been one hell of a week and - going into the weekend - my fun isn't over yet.  This week started off with a clean house.
After a weekend of farewells to my brother - Gabe - his girlfriend - Kat - and his daughter - Riley - to Thailand, we all had the most tiring afternoon of travel.  The first thing was transporting Jay the dog and two fishies to Mum and Dad's house; dropping me off home along the way.  The fish weren't impressed with being stuck in something that looked like they were going to be cooked inside of; but they're now happily swimming around their tank at my parent's house.  Jay?  Well, she's happy anywhere she can get a pat, a feed and snooze in the sun.  That's dogs for ya!
For the rest of the weekend, I did laundry, cleaned up, washed up, vacuumed the house, dusted and threw out lots of stuff in to the bin.  There was a reason to do this and it's because I was expecting a friend over on the Monday afternoon to hang out and have lunch.  So, to be prepared, I cut up a lot of pumpkin, sweet potato and carrot and put all of that into bowls of water and stored it in the fridge for the next day.  However, my friend didn't arrive; and I didn't hear from them.  So, I made the soup for dinner... and it was very delicious!
I did call the next day and they said they had been really sick the day before; so much so they couldn't get to the phone, and didn't even think of calling.  I had been so concerned about them, and I let them know.  Well, we chatted for about two hours and I was glad they were feeling better.
By Tuesday, I was really tired and stuffed and was sleeping like a log when I wasn't reading 'The Mists of Avalon' or anything else; or working on my painting on my easel.  
Wednesday was a horrible day.  I hated Wednesday.  For half an hour, I lost my Go Card!  Just when I thought I may have to suspend it with Translink, I picked up some postcards I had dumped on the counter and there it was!  So, I grabbed my gear and rushed out of the house.  Well, because of this little set-back, I was late for every single thing:  the bus, shopping at Woolworths... you name it, I was half and hour late for it!  And I hated it.  By the time I left to walk to Logan Central Plaza, it was hotter than it normally was when I'd walk there... all because I was running half an hour later than usual.  By the time I had arrived at K-Mart, I thought that I couldn't change what had happened and stopped stressing about it.  But it didn't stop me from almost forgetting my Tegritol and for getting to get my iron/folate pills.  Damn!  At least I got the Tegritol; or I'd be up shit creek in a barbed wire canoe! 
Thursday was a day of laundry, washing up and cleaning up the house.  Most of the laundry was done, hung out and left there until around 4pm; as it was still warm and sunny outside.  I had eaten lunch for a second day in a row and have enjoyed making sure that the kitchen was cleaned up after dinner.  And because there wasn't anything on the television after 8:30pm that I was interested in, I turned it off completely and just sat there on the lounge for 10 minutes looking around and drinking tea in complete silence.  I didn't feel as though I needed to do anything or be anywhere; so I stood and went outside for a while and became bored very easily before coming back inside and getting into the washing up after I turned on the radio. Yep, last night turned into something very relaxing and enjoyable.  I didn't expect it, but it did.  
Today, I've gotten into more laundry with the bedsheets out on the line and the hand-washing.  It's a nice warm day here and so it should all dry (let's just hope this warm weather holds out for the whole of the school holidays, eh?).  But today, I'll be going out to the chiropractors; and just as well, I woke up this morning to a painfully pinched nerve in my left elbow.  I hope she can help me by pinching my bone back into place; as it's driving me nuts!  Otherwise, I've gotta go and pack my bag soon and get ready to go and catch the 1pm bus.
Tomorrow, I'll be out again by midday or so to attend 'The Gathering' music festival at Bowen Hills here in Brisbane.  I may not be able to afford it, but I'm sure I can find something else to do around the Old Brisbane Museum that'll be entertaining.  If not, well, there's always the exhibition at the GoMA I can have a look at! Well, until my next post, take care, keep warm and safe and remember I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment