Sunday, September 25, 2011

Weird Old Weekend

I don't know what it was this weekend; but people were really strange.  I was busy around the house with washing up, laundry, rubbish and putting out the recycling.  And the neighbourhood seemed to take on a life of its own... which meant it sounded like normally did around the Full Moon.  People were coming and going at all hours of the day and night, fights were going on, people were screaming at each other all the time and my back neighbours had two massive screaming matches (one was last night during Dr Who; and the other was today while I was online; and I could hear it through the window here in the office - and they were inside their house.  Creepy!).  
However, I was trying to spend some good quality quiet time with Little Miss Stevie and get some of my fifth painting finished, two books read and some of scarf done.  This weekend has been very busy in the hobby arena; but that's good as a lot has happened in that part of my life.  The first ball of mini-marshmallow yard has almost been finished - and the scarf is looking good.  I spent all afternoon untangling the rest of stupid ball of yarn so I didn't waste it.  Then, yesterday I read 20 pages of 'Mists of Avalon' by Marion Zimmer Bradley.  However, I wanted to read it outside with Little Miss Stevie.  This didn't happen as the horrible Mickey Birds had other things in mind for my poor little budgie and began picking on her the moment I sat down and picked up my book!  Well!  I swung in to action  - literally - and grabbed a garden stake from one of my pots and took a good hard swing at them!  These birds nearly didn't see me coming as I lunged at them!  Little Miss Stevie was very good and stayed still; knowing she was safe when I was around.  However, the Mickey Birds tried their bullying again twice more before they realised not to do it again.  But I couldn't concentrate knowing they could come back and took my little bird inside... bummer... I want her to feel safe in her own backyard.  Maybe if I had her outside more and they saw she was more of a fixture there.  It could work.
Well, I've been meaning to play the piano more this weekend, but it didn't happen.  Darn!  But I did refill the glass of water in it - as it was getting low - and I checked on the mothballs; and they're going well.  
This weekend, I cooked for myself the whole time; as I didn't have the money to buy a pizza for the AFL game between the Hawks and Collingwood; which the Magpies won by 3 measly little points!  Oh well, there's always next year's Grand Final.  This was the Preliminary to see who was going into the Final... and it's fantastic the Hawks got this far.  Now, the Magpies play the Cats next Saturday afternoon... and I hope the Magpies win.
Well, it's time for me to take off.  It's heading towards midnight and tomorrow's the beginning of another working week.  The washing up has been done.  But tomorrow, I have some housework to get into.  There's the floors to wash, the vacuuming to do, bathroom and toilets to clean and the shopping list to write out as well.  This will all take a few hours, but it's stuff I hate doing... as I'd rather be reading or painting.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment