Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Another Hot Day in Brisbane City

Today, I was out and about in this dreadful heat.  But I didn't dress in my usual mini-skirt and rock'n'roll shirt.  Instead, I grabbed my Balinese wrap-around pants and the Indian shirt I wore on Christmas Day and caught the bus.  This outfit may have had me covered from head to toe, but I was cool!  Sure I sweated, but when a breeze hit, I felt so nice and cool and it was lovely to not feel the sun burning my skin.
Well, I was meeting a friend for lunch; and so I thought to kill two birds with one stone and drop off the mail to Mum and Dad's place while I was at Springwood.  So, I walked there from the bus stop, dropped the mail, grabbed a glass of water (well, it wasn't all that pleasant-tasting really) from the fridge and then I headed off down the road and grabbed some money out of the ATM.  It wasn't long before Susan showed up and we ate a lovely lunch at 'Luv a Coffee'.  She had a Club Sandwich and a Coke Zero and I had a Greek Salad and an Ice Coffee... and we talked and chatted about what we've been doing.  It was great to catch up.
Then, it was time to have a walk around and I badly needed a bottle of water and bought some mineral water... how delicious and refreshing in this horrible Summer heat!  We walked to Rockaway Music to find it was closed for around 10 minutes because the guy who was there had to go on lunch.  We waited outside the place until he came back and then Susan and I had a look around.  She was amazed at the variety of vinyls that were there.  I pointed out which ones were which and headed for the $2.00 and $4.00 box immediately and began flipping through them.  Susan grabbed a few great - higher priced - vinyls that were absolute classics.  There were some I haven't heard of yet I have heard of the band.  I found a couple of great ones - which were in good condition - played them and put them off to one side to purchase.  Then, I came across a coloured one!  It was red and by 'O Band' - a band I hadn't heard of, but when I played it, I enjoyed the beat... so that one went on my 'to buy' pile too.  All in all, I purchased $12-worth of vinyls and used my Rockaway Member's card.  
We soon left there and wandered up around the corner to see what had become of 'Trochaderos'.  Nobody had leased the place yet; and then Susan and I spotted the FDB's and took a look inside.  We spent a good 45 minutes where I stopped myself from buying anything, and Susan bought a few things for the house.  Truthfully, I really didn't have all that much money left; so thought to leave it until another day where I did.  
Susan and I left the nice coolness of Centro at Springwood at around 2:45pm.  It was horrible to have to be outside in the melting heat of the day; oh well, can't have it all I guess.  Susan dropped me off home on the way back to her place.  It's always great to see her when catch up each Christmas School Holidays.  Well, until my next post, take care, keep warm (or cool) and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment