Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Rain, Rain, Go Away...

Today, it was shopping day.  However, when I looked outside, it was also a sunny day.  So, I jumped up, dressed to go shopping and put on a full load of towels.  They were out on the line before 8am and I ate my breakfast, readied my bags and took off to the post office to pick up mail and send some off.  Then, I headed to the bus stop. 
On the way to the shops, we drove along Wembley Road and found that the Logan City Council was chopping down trees that they had planted all long the road.  These are trees that give a lot of shade and were planted there by the council; and that people park under during the long hot Summers we have to keep their cars cool.  Well!  Not anymore!  Those trees are gone!  From what I was told by a person who works in Triple C Shopping Complex, the Council also pulled up all the trees along the middle media strip along Kingston Road too.  Now, that's just a stupid and mindless thing to do in the middle of Summer in a state where we have the top Melanoma rates in the world, don't you think?

I also had the best day out shopping.  I bought a lovely skirt and green bag at Life Line - and they matched! It was something I didn't expect to find and they came in under $20 too!  Now, to find a top to match them; probably something that's in a turquoise or emerald green.  Anyway, they look great.
Woolworths had me talking to a lady with a baby Rainbow Lorikeet on her shoulder.  This little sweetheart was only 4 months old and she told me that Bodgie (as she named her last night when she picked her up) bit her only once and has been preening her since.  I said that the bird's showing affection because she's trying to bond with her; and that's a good thing.  It's also good to have her bird be familiar with other people in house as well, so she can have the family and friends come close to her physically; as some parrots can become very possessive of their owners.  Otherwise we talked food - and what not to feed her bird - and then we parted ways.
I didn't spend as much as I thought I would at Coles.  I bought a drink container that had an insulated cover around it.  With it holding over 1lt of liquid, I thought it would be great to take with me into the city or anywhere else while I'm traveling on foot; bringing my drink from home and keeping it cold with the cover and it won't leak.
Unfortunately, I had a cab driver who didn't know the area at all.  He said that he was a city cab and was sent out here and so I had to tell him exactly where to drive; even that the car gate was going to open when he parked in front of it when he was leaving my complex.  And I don't think this is a good thing; seeing he is supposed to know more about the streets than I am.  Oh well, I guess you can't have it all.
Well, right now, I'm here on the computer, the washing was brought in about 2 hours ago and it's pouring rain and as dull as it was yesterday; but humid and close instead of cold and windy.  Bummer.  I thought the rain was going to leave us alone so we could all get some laundry done.  At least I got home before it began to pour rain and not during.  Until my next post, take care, keep warm and safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment