Thursday, July 12, 2012

Good Fortune

Have you ever had days where you thought you'd probably be laughed at, but you weren't?  Today, I had one of those days.  I'll start with the beginning though - yesterday - as this is where I'd have to start.  
I went out to check the mail and buy an Eggplant for dinner.  I was hoping to cook a Eggplant and mushroom pasta for dinner last night - delicious meal!  It's one of my own recipes and I usually love making it.  Well, I bought a big one and thought to divide it up so that I could make it stretch for two meals; instead of one.  One of them was the pasta, the other was a Ratatouille.  
Some great plans can fall flat; and this one did!  The moment I cut open the Eggplant, I found it had black rot all the way through it!  Yuk!  So, I wrapped it in cling wrap and put it into a plastic bag, found the docket and wrote myself a note on the fridge to return it.  I looked around the fridge and found yellow squash to substitute for the Eggplant; but wasn't the same.  The skin of the squash was tough and it just didn't have the same flavour.  Darn... oh well, I ate all the garlic bread instead.

Today, I went out to check the mail and return the Eggplant at The Big Apple Fruit'n'Veggie place down the road, and when I arrived, the same lady who served me yesterday was there today.  She remembered selling me the Eggplant and was as disappointed about what happened as I was and said to get a replacement.  However, while I was there, they were taking deliveries of new stock; so the owner was there.  He listened to what had happened and saw I had one Eggplant as a replacement and said: "Why don't you go and get another one - have two for your inconvenience.  And if you have any other problems like this again, don't hesitate to come back and we'll help you again."  How good is that?  What great customer service!  
So, I've decided to do all my fruit and veggie shopping from there as of next week instead of Woolworths; for a few reasons:  it's a friendly place, it's only a 10 minute walk from my place, they will replace anything that's not right (so long you have the docket) and it's far cheaper to shop there!  So, have you had good fortune lately?  If so, let us know (no matter how small the good fortune is).  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment