Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sun-day

The sun was out again today; and I thought to get into this wonderful day and put out all my washing.  I did the sheets on my bed, all the towels, all my delicates and anything else I could do.  Well!  That filled up the clothes line and the clothes horse... and that was four loads of laundry.  
The next thing I did was put away some books that had been sitting in a box - and I had carted around my house - for the last two weeks!  While I was finding a place for the books, I found a pile of 'Good Reading' Magazines that were 2 years old sitting underneath where Little Miss Stevie was in the credenza.  Well!  I was impressed I had kept them for so long and pulled them out to look at this afternoon.  I stuck them with the rest of the books and things I was going to use tonight.
This morning, I got upstairs and on here and stuffed around on the net for a while; uploading photos and talking to a few people and checking my e-mails.  Then, before long, it was around 3:30pm or so, and I was back downstairs and eating my afternoon eat and organising myself to sort through the magazines and cut them up.  This was easier said than done.  I had more words than pictures; but I think that as time goes on, I'll be able to work through them again and again and get more pictures from them. 
Tonight, I started on the altered book.  I had written out the rough draft of the text for the pages and kept it simple and easy to read so people could spot it in the book amongst the pictures.  Then, I made sure I had photos to go with my text and made up the first three pages of the book; which took me about two hours to get done.  And right now, it's drying downstairs for the night, so I can work on it either tomorrow or in a few days' time.  Otherwise, I'll be working on the individual pages of my other piece for the exhibition (which has other people included in the display as well). 
Well, that was my Sunday.  Busy, full of housework, art and paper; and paper is still sitting around my living room too.  I hope your weekend - and Sunday - was more relaxing than mine.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment