Friday, July 6, 2012

Tiring Week

It's been a busy, tiring week, but one where I hope next week isn't as busy.  This week I worked hard on my art project for the Home Festival; but I felt as though I didn't get very far.  Because of the cold the pages took a long time to dry, so I couldn't write on them, well, not until today.
And I had two days off to do other things around the place which couldn't be avoided.  
On Wednesday I had my grocery shopping day.  It was a strange morning of road works and the bus driver unable to drop me at the stop I wanted to get off at because it had been closed down.  Oh well, it's not the driver's fault she couldn't stop there; so I didn't blame her and thanked her for getting me as close as she could to my stop.  Besides, I didn't mind the walk, it warmed me up on the cool morning.
Then, I helped an elderly man find his way to Logan Central Plaza as he was lost and had parked in the wrong car park.  He and his wife hadn't been to Logan City before and said everything looked the same before thanking me and going on his way.
I know I didn't buy everything I wanted that was on my shopping list; and really that's good.  I have saved a little money, and I'm proud of myself.  And yes, I'm beginning to save up again to work on my back yard over the next month or so.  It will take time but not very long really.  I'm looking at how much I'm spending and what I'm cooking and what fruit and veggies I'm buying and my budget should begin looking better soon.  And seeing I've got a fruit and veggie shop down the road from me, I might make my Woolworths purchases smaller and start buying my fruit and veggies from The Big Apple instead; just to save some money and see how far it goes.  And the best thing about this is that the place is only down the road, so I only have to walk there and back - no buses needed.
When I arrived at Logan Central Plaza, I paid off some of my layby at Woodys' - as usual - and then went to K-Mart and bought more picture frames for the project I'm doing here at home.  It's good they've got such a great variety; and I'm looking forward to working on it when I get all the frames I need together.  Then, I spotted a book I've been looking for of The Dark Tower Series - 'The Drawing of the Three' - and I've been hoping to get through 'The Gunslinger' fast enough to find the second book soon.  And now, I have the second book, I can read it straight after it.  How's great is that?  Okay, it was an impulse buy, but I'm glad I found it! 
The rest of my morning went well.  I could afford all my purchases.  There were kids everywhere annoying the crud out of their parents before going back to school.  And I tried not to run over any with the trolley I had (and even then, it wouldn't have been my fault as kids never watch where they're going half the time).  I arrived home and unpacked after I met the new back neighbour - a nice elderly lady and her friend - and had a chat about everything and introduced myself.  He thought I was nice and tried to get the lady to come out to say hi, but she wouldn't.  Well, give her time; she will eventually.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment