Monday, July 23, 2012

If I Thought Friday Was Busy.....

Man, oh, man... did I have a busy weekend!  Friday was just the tip of the iceberg. I woke from a deep sleep on Saturday, made myself some pancakes and scoffed into them - even though two of them were undercooked - and drank some lovely plunger coffee and thought to take the day to relax.  I had this weekend to myself for the first time in 5 weeks!  And also  the Home Festival wasn't on, so I was sitting pretty for the weekend - wasn't I?

Nope.  I had forgotten something.

Mum called at around midday and asked if I was still on for that night and I drew a blank.  She reminded me of an art opening at her hairdressers and I then remembered it and accepted the invite. So, I started sorting out what I was going to wear, which bag I was taking and all that kind of thing and made sure my camera had fresh batteries (nothing worse than taking along your digital camera and the silly thing dies on ya!).  So, after eating two eggs on toast, Mum picked me up at around 6pm and we were off to Holland Park and found the opening was well under way with the bar outside, the paintings well-displayed inside and music playing as well.  It was a great array of colour, fun and portraits by the new up and coming artist Sandra Hosking who uses mixed media to produce her work; and I loved her stuff.  So I asked her if she'd like to put in an application for the Logan Art Gallery - to see if she'd get in there.  She was thrilled I offered; but I said I only volunteered there and seeing her collection was complete, it may be the thing they'd go for; and it would be up for 6 weeks instead of only 2 days.  Her secretary took down the details on how to get onto the Gallery's site and thanked me very much.
Mum and I left around 8pm or so.  So, it wasn't a late night, but I was very tired; and got to bed around 10:30pm and was out like a light as soon as my head hit the pillow. 
Yesterday, I was up early again; but I had my usual porridge instead of bacon and eggs.  I was also dressed and ready to leave the house by around midday with everything to take into the city.  Mum and I were out again together!  We were heading to a Bookcrossing Meet-Up at O'Malley's at the Wintergarden on the Queen Street Mall.  I met Mum and Dad out the front of the unit complex and they picked me up with my blue trolley and Dad dropped us at the bus station.
All the way into the city, I was sitting there on the bus next to Mum thinking I had forgotten something.  I didn't know what it was, but I knew there was something I had forgotten.  As soon as I got off the bus, I wondered if I had my keycards and other cards to get around the city with; and when I looked inside my Bookcrossing Briefcase, I was really mad at myself to find that I had left those cards in my other 'Beatles' bag hanging off my kitchen chair nearby!  How dumb did I feel doing this?  Yep, very dumb!  I felt dumber asking her for money. 
O'Malley's was a nice place to meet.  The atmosphere was lovely.  There's an area called 'The Library' where you can have a pint and read as well if you want some peace and quiet; and that's where we all met with our books.  There were 4 other ladies who had brought along their books to swap.  I was glad to have brought along my trolley as it carried two tote bags (one for me and one for Mum), 6 books, Mum's book and it still had enough room for a jacket and a bag if needed.  We all enjoyed ourselves, got some drinks and had lunch; which was Guinness Pie (this was a beef and Guinness Pie that was the size of a dinner plate!  All 4 ladies ordered one each - and that was the small one!).  I ordered a small bowl of wedges and I couldn't finish those!  But they were very moreish as they didn't have that dreadful seasoning on them that most do - which gives me mouth ulcers - and all they had for dressing was sour cream and sweet chili sauce; yummo!  
We arrived back at Springwood at around 4:30pm not wanting to eat dinner.  I ate 2 pieces of raisin toast for dinner and that was it; but I still had my tea and bit of chocolate with ginger cordial and mineral water... just habit I guess.  But I did turn off the tv at around 9pm and head off to bed around 10:30pm.  Yep, a very busy weekend; which has led into the beginnings of a busy week. 
Today, I got in and did two loads of laundry - including one load being hand-washing - fed the pets, checked the mail, put the wiping up away and made breakfast; then I got a chance to read yesterday's paper.  Now, I'm just hanging out online before I get in and read more of 'The Gunslinger' by Stephen King and hopefully get closer to the end of it (by another 30 or 40 pages).  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment