Thursday, November 29, 2012

Lookin' A Little Like....

Summer is on its way here in Australia and it's also storm season.  I've been preparing my house for a few things as well.  You see, when Summer comes around, this also means Christmas, school holidays and other hot weather things too.  So, I've been doing my bit lately.
My garden has been getting a bit of a face lift.  My lawn got a treatment with some Feed'n'Weed and I soaked that in.  I've trimmed the hedge at the back, have pulled out more weeds than I care to count and have bought some plants to liven up the place.  I've asked for large pots and potting mix and some granite too for Christmas from my parents (and I hope to get that from them).  I have also shaped the two jades outside my place into two Christmas-shaped trees so I can wrap tinsel around them.  I did that this morning; and they look good.

Over the last few weeks, I've been writing up Christmas cards, posting them off, figuring out what to buy who for Christmas - and buying those gifts and wrapping them to put under the tree - and then, bit by bit, I'm decorating the house.  Usually I do that in one day.  However, so much has been going on, I've been doing a little at a time.  Strange how this has happened this year.
The last two weeks have been very busy.  I haven't been in the best of health and have had quite a few tests done.  Then, I went to a Christmas party on Sunday just gone, and the very next day, was off to the coast to help my folks set up their caravan.  That was a full-day trip and another two hours or so work.  Once we had the air mattress pumped up and we had showers, we were all asleep in minutes - but that doesn't mean we slept well.
We returned home on Tuesday afternoon.  That night, I slept really well and the next day, I was out and about with Mum at Stones Corner and Garden City.  We got a lot done in 3 hours.  We picked out our new watches (my original one had stopped completely about 5 years ago and so Mum offered to buy me a new one this year - and after my first one being given to me when I was 12, I'd say it was time for a new one anyway). And Mum just wanted to update hers.  Then, at Garden City, we spotted the storm we were supposed to get nearby.  So, we rushed through that place.  I bought tinsel for my jades and a VS Sassoon curling wand (with 5 extra wands) for $38.00!  And Mum went to Medicare and K-Mart.  We came outside to find the storm had gone around Logan City and Mt Gravatt... how good is that?  Well, we left and found ourselves in peak hour traffic.  It took us about 45 minutes to get back to my place - and that included a drop-in at her Nutrmetics lady.  Before long, I was at home making dinner.

Today, I've checked the mail, washed up, did some hand-washing and made pancakes for breakfast and put the tinsel on the jades out the front.  All this before 10am... not a bad morning if you ask me. It's only 11am and Mum and I have yet to go out shoe shopping again.  Tomorrow, we have to go and see my Neurologist about some MRI scans I had done last week.  Yep, it's a full week, it's lookin' a bit like Christmas, it's lookin' like a very busy couple of weeks before the New Year begins... so, what does your next few weeks look like?  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.   

No comments:

Post a Comment