Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sunday's Restful

Last week was busy as hell... and I mean really busy.  With the finishing up of my front garden being done, I'm going to wait until next pay to get my backyard into gear.  While I'm waiting, I've been planning what's going into it... this doesn't take much and doesn't cost me anything either.  And I'll be able to catch up with my reading and writing as well.

So yesterday, I was out - as you know - picking up pavers from my brother and his partner while they were at Mum and Dad's house picking up other things there.  We decided to meet up there and do all the work there.  It was all done in about an hour or so; and I stuck around to help with loading bricks into their trailer.  
Well, today, I unloaded the pavers into my backyard and took photos of the yard to begin planning what will happen next.  I do have a good idea of what will happen, but it will take time.  So, I gotta wait for money to come in.  The first thing that I'm going to do is lay the pavers next week or so; but first, I have to get all the plants out into the car port, clean up the backyard of all the weeds and lay the pavers while the plants are out of the way.  This will probably take most of a morning as I want to attach some of the palings back onto the fence more permanently with wire and not nails so they stay up.  And once I get two new pots and two bags of riverstones, I'll be ready to upgrade two or three plants in the yard.  I can't wait to begin on the backyard... and to begin making it look lovely.

Because it's a bigger area, it will take longer than the front yard - which only took three weeks - and so this will probably take the rest of the time my folks are on holidays.  I hope it to be ready before they return home so the plants will be starting to take again in their new pots.

After I put the pavers out into the yard, I pulled up a section of bindi's, which was starting to take hold under my clothes line, and then I did all the washing up and made my drink.  It was all the major stuff done I needed to do this morning; such a pity I broke a bowl in the process.  Oh well, it happens.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm (or cool) and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment