Sunday, August 11, 2013

Weekend Slowdown

This weekend everything caught up with me; and it's been stressful.  I felt sick last night from the week of going out all week, being working on the garden all week, doing housework and catching up with all kinds of things too.  

Then, the worse thing possible happened... my computer crapped itself and I had to figure out how to fix it on my own.  The HP support wasn't open and so I set it back onto the Factory Settings and it took me about 2 hours to work on it and get it working again.
This really pissed me off as this is the second hard drive I've had in this computer since I bought it this time last year, and I'm not going to go out and buy another computer all because the computer company can't get its hard drives to work properly.  So, when I did catch up with the HP support people, they checked the hard drive but said it was really unusual for it to only last 6 months.  The lady said she'll send a guy out to work on the whole computer; and not only the part which stuffed up, because if it's the mother board or something else that is screwing up the hard drive, well, they might have to replace that part or the whole computer for me... which doesn't bother me, I back up all my stuff on my computer onto my external hard drive.  And all my written work - books, poetry, novellas and flash fiction - are all on thumb drives.  So, really I don't have that much saved on the hard drive at all.
I ran this past my brother and he thinks that it might have crapped itself because there's not enough RAM on the hard drive.  Because I'm a blogger and surf the net all the time and I also save all my photos in designated folders over the last 4 or 5 years, it does take up a lot of space.  So, there might not be enough space on the hard drive on this new computer; and Dad bought me something that was too small.  Yeah, Dad bought me this computer... I didn't buy it.  And Gabe said that he should have gotten me a Dell, and not a HP Pavilion as Dell is more reliable and HP are not.  Well, I guess we'll talk about that when they arrive home.  Either way, Dad does need to look into getting this stupid thing away from me and out of my house as I'm not going to keep on using something defective.

Otherwise, I wasn't feeling great yesterday.  So, I grabbed an early night last night; so early, it was around 10pm when I closed up the house and went to bed.  But Mum smsed me and asked me to call her - so I did - and we chatted.  She told me to look after myself.  Soon after, I read a bit of a book and turned out my light.  Well!  Once my head hit the pillow, I was a goner... I woke to my alarm and found I hadn't moved all night.  I had stayed in the same place - on my left side - all night.  Boy!  I must have been tired!  But I felt a lot better.
Today, I bought the paper, washed up a little and made pancakes for breakfast.  Then, I read some of the paper and took it easy until around 10am before I jumped online.  I spent most of my day on the computer hanging out and reading.  Then, this afternoon, I got in and did some writing of my 4th 'Fry Nelson: Bounty Hunter' book; my final book of the series.  It's looking really good too!  I can't wait until it's all finished and I can go back and edit all four books and then make sure they're ready to be published properly by the right people.  That will take time though... and time is what I have right now.

Well, that has been my weekend.  Tomorrow, I have to go to the chemist and fill a prescription and then come home.  Otherwise, I'll be hanging about the house, pulling weeds from the backyard and putting out Feed'n'Weed on the lawn to kill the weeds off and to encourage the lawn to grow.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm (or cool) and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment