Thursday, January 7, 2010

Home Again!

Well, it's been a few days, and I've been busy as hell trying to get this place back to how it was before I left. I returned on Tuesday afternoon around 4pm and haven't really stopped. The great thing - and smart thing - I did was spray really smelly and powerful insecticide around the doors, windows and in all the drains of the house before leaving. So, when I got home, I didn't have anything running around my house that had more legs than I did! Namely a spider or a roach.

Well... okay, I found a roach in the kitchen last night, but he could have shown up from anywhere; after all I've been here for more than a day.

So, yesterday, was shopping day. Yep, it was the day my house came back to life from being in hibernation for two weeks. I shopped at the Life Line at Woodridge and picked up three coin purses and a glow-mesh handbag. The handbag was still new; so much so that the sales tag was still on it! Then, I went and bought up big on the fresh produce and everything else I needed for the house.

I also started a new layby at 'Woodys' Music' of a mixed bag of movies ranging from 'The Lost Boys 2: The Tribe' to 'Wolverine: Origins' (the latter is a 2 dvd pack!). Then, I picked up 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show', 'Dirty Dancing' (20th Anniversary) and 'Marley & Me' (which by the way is a great book!).

And if yesterday wasn't busy enough, I had today's volunteer work at the Logan Art Gallery this morning. There was a kid's group in this morning and a lot of people came in to pick up their purchases from the last exhibition; also the phone didn't stop ringing. So, with 4pm rolling around yet again, I'm looking forward to being able to just do nothing much and read a little tonight... or knit some of my squares for my blanket for the lounge I'm planning.

Until my next post, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas (however you celebrated it) and a wonderful New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment