Wednesday, January 27, 2010

It's Been Interesting...

It's been an interesting one today. All the kids went back to school, the fire station construction workers started back at work after 4 days off and it's W.A. Mozart's birthday... not to mention, stinking bloody hot! Yep, today is a good day to either hang out in either an air-conditioned shopping centre or a swimming pool with sunscreen caked all over you so you don't have to suffer the consequences of heat stroke and sun stroke later on.

Today, I've been hanging out in my air-conditioned office here at home with a bottle of water to keep me company. There's towels on the line - which are without a doubt dry; and have been since lunch - and washing up to do downstairs, which I'll get into after I get off here in around half an hour. Otherwise, it's been a nice day.

For once, I didn't get woken up by the garbage guys. Yep, I slept through rubbish collection day! Woohoo! It's not often
that happens! I must have been tired from yesterday to sleep through having a massive garbage truck collect around 10 wheelie bins right outside my bedroom window! I
swear the whole place shakes when it arrives and usually wakes me up at 5:50am... but not today.

Anyway, I still have some cleaning up around the place to do. Hay fever is bugging the life out of me and I'm hoping to get the vacuuming done before the week is out. Otherwise, I'm also hoping to get into some reading in the next few days; as well as some knitting. I've begun knitting a large blanket for the lounge this year. The squares are big and I can get 2 out of a 100g ball of wool... so long I use two different stitches, it'll look good!
So, it's getting onto 4:10pm now. The computer is around 34 deg Celsius and so I better get off here before it does anything interesting (even though the air conditioning is on, this little puppy gets warm!).

Until my next post! Try and keep cool if your and Aussie and warm if it's Winter around your side of the globe.

No comments:

Post a Comment