Well! What a month this turned out to be. I arrived home from beautiful - but damp - Brunswick Heads to a house without any 8-legged residents for a change. My plan had worked! Spray deadly and very smelly insecticide around the place and come back feeling very safe; even after a big electrical storm. Yay!
But this month has turned out to be very different for me. Here's my things I have done for this month of Do Something Different:
1. I joined up with 365project and have had fun uploading photos from around my holiday spot, home and surrounding area. I have begun following others from overseas too.
2. I learnt to change hyper text in to links; as you have noticed from the above piece. Very cool; and took a little while to get used to. But it has been useful in my blogs.
3. I cleaned out a drawer and my mugs collection in my kitchen. This is a step in the right direction as both were overflowing with items that I couldn't deal with. And so, soon after Christmas, I cleaned these things out and have decided to give them to charity.
4. I joined one of the neighbours for an afternoon drink. Well, I didn't drink, but they had some friends over and I had some marshmallows I thought their daughter would love; so brought them over. I ended up staying for a good few hours and chatting. It was good to get out of the house for a while.
5. I am keeping my kitchen as tidy as possible. Next is the dining and lounge; which is a work in progress.
6. I pulled the ligament in the arch of my left foot. This occurs with people who have orthotics when the orthotics are forward in the shoe a bit (you feel this a bit and usually fix it) or your foot is forward a bit in it a smidge (and you don't feel it; and this is where you do the most damage). Well, I did the latter for a whole day. I knew something was wrong, but just couldn't put my finger on it until I took my shoes off that night and walked on my foot... well, it's been strapped up until last night when I pulled the tape off and didn't have to put a plastic bag on my foot. Now, all I need to do is strengthen the arch again.
So, what have you been up to for this month for Do Something Different? No matter how big or small the difference in what you've done, it matters.