Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Year of Being Busy!

I've only been back from the coast a week or so and already I'm busy. Busy with housework (not that I enjoy it or actually finish any of it once I start it), busy with reading books, Bookcrossing and book reviewing on My reading List ; yep it's been a busy time. But I've begun hosting a few things on the Bookcrossing site that's going to make 2010 a very fun-filled year.

I've got a few promises I'd like to start off this year with. I know that my Mum will probably laugh at a few of these; I'll try them all out this year and see how I go.

1. This year, I'm going to try and keep my house a little tidier than last year. It won't be easy after years of having a messy house... but I'm going to try.

2. I'm getting my piano tuned and I'm going to get some lessons on how to improvise. You see I'm a classically trained person and was never taught how to ad lib; just play the notes on the paper. It's frustrating when you'd love to colour outside the lines and everything in you is telling you not to.

3. Read more books than I did last year. Now this is going to be a real feat... seeing I read 27 books last year! So, I'll see how it all goes and have a go at it. If I don't succeed, there's always next year.

4. Improve my back yard with more plants and repot what needs it... and there's a few that do. I just have to wait until Winter when they're dormant. Otherwise, my garden will look lovely once I get some of the Aloe Vera in to their own pots and a new one for the Frangipanni.

5. Finish some more paintings. I've done one and made it into a competition to give me something to work towards. And I've noticed that I've gotten better with age; as these paintings are old but what I can do with them is fun!

6. Make all the books in my office fit... without buying another bookcase. Yes, I've run out of room again. I'll be doing book baggies and other giveaways once I've read a book, I'll just give it to somebody who loves that genre to make more room; it's something I'll make sure I do.

7. Save more money for what I need and not what I want. Well, I'm doing that already; but reminding myself can't hurt.

8. Little by little, do out my house and give whatever I can to charities... I know that may sound like a big thing (and it is) but if I work through one room at a time - little by little - I'm sure to make my house a little less cluttered and more like a home.

Well, that's all I can think of right now. I know it's not much; however it covers a lot of things in my life. What are you looking at doing this year? And have you thought of making sure you get certain things done or are you going to see what crops up?

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you have a year's task ahead of you but there's one you didn't add - visit Rockhampton. heheheh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe... travel is on my agenda; however it may not be this year I take off in to the world. I have to be happy with my place so somebody can house sit without thinking 'OMG! What have I got myself into?'. So, this year, it's the year to tidy up, clean out and learn the piano (a tuned one!). Rocky will have to wait.

    I love the picture of the Wombat, very cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a cute little naked wombat. Worth stealing off the internet. LOL

    ReplyDelete