Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Big Clean Out - Day 3

It began to rain yesterday, so I got a lot of computer work done; as I do when it rains. However, I also got a bit of cleaning out done before it really set in. I gotta say though, it was very humid and so it slowed me down a lot; which meant, I had to take my time. The first thing I did was get rid of the air conditioning box that held the Second Pantry here in the office. What a great day this was for that to happen! There were only three items left in it and so, I put two of those items into a string bag - which I've got hanging off the door handle of the office - and now the box is gone. It's been put into the junk area of the unit complex with other large boxes that can't be cut up for wheelie bins. I'm so happy there's more room in this room to use.
But I didn't stop there. I put away the bag full of Halloween goodies (these are things that I put into lollie bags for that particular night when kids come Trick-or-Treating), the two rolls of wrapping paper and the bag of Christmas cards, ribbon and sticky cards I use to wrap presents. All of those are in the wardrobe for another
year. Yet, there's still work to do in this room to make the rest of the 'Green Bags' disappear.
Then, I got stuck into the folding of the basket full of laundry in my bedroom. I was cautious because I haven't done it for so long. And after half an hour or so, it was all done; except for the chair full of stuff that needs to be hung up. Unfortunately, I can't because I don't have enough hangers. So, they will have to wait for another day when I've gone out and bought them. Bummer!

Last night, we got hit by a late electrical storm at around 10:30pm. Fortunately, it was after I had watched two dvds of one of my favourite movie stars and I was about to head off to bed. But instead, I thought to wait out the storm by unplugging the television and computer and modem just to be on the safe side. Then, I grabbed the washing basket from the laundry and brought it upstairs and sprayed it with surface spray (just in case something had thought it was okay to hide there) and then I put all my dirty clothes I had dumped in the doorway of my bedroom temporarily into it.

By 1am, the storm had passed, I had read 25 pages of a book and I had turned out the light.
Today, it's raining again. I'll be working on getting more stuff for charity ready to take over there this week; thus I'll have more room to use. The office will be completely cleaned out and I'll have a lot more room to move... not only here but also around the house. And then, it will be the case of trying to keep my collecting habits to a minimum.

No comments:

Post a Comment