Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tupperware Everywhere!

This phenomenon on being able to store food as freshly as possible started way back when housewives were the bosses of keeping the house spick'n'spam, neat and tidy and these plastic containers were only sold at Tupperware Parties... and they still are! Yes, in this day and age of mobile phones, iPods, the internet, e-readers and other things that are of great technological prowess, we still have good old Tupperware to store our snacks, treats, dips and leftovers. This company has become the best thing since Avon and Nutrimetics; and all of these companies are still going strong because of their fan base and how they're run: through party plans. There's no gimmicks, advertising campaigns or tricks of the trade, just honest to goodness sales people selling great products.
And you wouldn't believe what I sorted through on Tuesday? Yep, my Mum's assortment of Tupperware she didn't want. There were things there I've had my eye on since I was a teenager and thing I saw there that I seriously didn't know what they did... like the jelly moulds. They looked like badly constructed plastic; but once Mum put the ends on, the whole product came together and I took all 5 of them. I grabbed a lot of containers that would hold snacks for my volunteer work at the Logan Art Gallery and leftovers from the night before and fit in the fridge well. I even grabbed a sieve that had a bottom piece that could be used anywhere so that the counter or floor didn't get wet. There were large containers that held liquids and had lids and I grabbed a set of plastic spoons that Tupperware didn't make anymore that looked just groovy because of the colour of them.
So, when I arrived home, I realised one thing... I had to go and clean out my plastics cupboard. And once I did, I found that my old plastics were still okay to use; but I had outgrown them. Yes, it was time to give them to somebody else who would use them instead. What I do in this instance is bundle them up and take these things to the Endeavour Foundation; a charity where they raise money for the less fortunate. My unwanted items often end up there.

And you know, Tupperware used to be cheap as chips to buy in the past. However, as time as gone along, the company has finished up making certain lines of their products and renewed making certain lines too. They've also jacked up the price of this particularly popular style of plastic. Mum told me that she was talking to the company on the phone the other day and commented that it must be around $25 a piece to purchase a large piece of Tupperware now; however the lady corrected her and said it's more like $45 a piece now. So, if you have any Tupperware in your cupboards at home, dig it out and check out their site here and find out exactly how much it would be to replace a lid that has a broken seal or a piece where it's cracked. You have to remember that Tupperware has a lifetime warrenty.

No comments:

Post a Comment