Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Shoppin' Day!

Yay! Pay day! And when I get paid, it means I have to go shopping. All kinds of things can happen when I do that. So, over the last few days, I've been compiling a list of what I needed and pulling together my shopping trolley, what I was going to wear and figuring out if it was going to rain. And at around 9am, I was off to the post office to check the mail... then the bus stop where I saw a man reporting vandalism of the bus shelter to his superior. Why this happens, no-one is sure. But it's idiotic and I find it makes Logan City look like a dump.
As I climbed on board my bus, it began to rain. What luck! I was hoping not to get wet today! Anyway, by the time I had arrived at my destination (across from Triple C Shopping Centre), it was still spitting a little, but I didn't use the umbrella; not yet.
My first stop was Life Line where I didn't find any coin purses for the second pay day in a row, but I did see a lovely handbag; but it was too damaged to fix. So, I put it back. Then, I thought to buy a purple shirt for Epilepsy Awareness Day on 26th, March. And I came away with two lovely purple shirts that suited me for $15. One, I'll wear tomorrow to my volunteer work and the other I'll wear when it gets cooler.
Woolworths was my next stop for fresh fruit and veggies and some chocolate. When I got to the checkout, the lady forgot to ask if I needed cash out on my efpos and just charged me the amount for the stuff I bought. She apologised and I dismissed it; saying I'd get to the bank up at Logan Central Plaza.
After I sorted out my groceries and bags, I walked the ten minutes it usually takes me to get to the hardware store and bought brick and mortar hooks for my collage; then wire for it too. Then, I was on my way to Woodys' to pay off some of my layby (and lucky me! I could pick up one of the dvds! I chose one out of three: 'Dirty Dancing: 20th Anniversary'). Then, I was off to K-Mart, Pet's Paradise to buy Stevie her new mirror and then to Coles to purchase the bulk of my groceries.

By the time I got home, I was tired and it was around 12:30pm. The cab driver has been nice enough to drive me right to my unit and help me with my bags. He found his way back out again (thankfully without getting lost like some of drivers do) and I began unpacking. I firstly attached Stevie's new mirror to her cage. She loves it; attacking the new bird who keeps talking to her in the glass. And I put almost everything away.
It's been a good day to go shopping. I do enjoy the social part of it. It gets me out of the house and talking to people and I love the fresh air and exercise too. There's nothing like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment