Friday, February 12, 2010

The Big Clean Out - Day 8

Well, yesterday was a great success. I checked the mail and found nothing in the PO Box. Then, once home, I added to the bags of goodies to take to Endos with Mum's charity bags. This clean out has been a great thing for me and my house. I can find things and I'm feeling better for it too! We took the load of stuff to the large drop-off at Logan Central and emptied the back of the Pajero - all except the bag of Christmas Lights that I untangled last week (which Mum almost handed to me to give to the man at Endos... thank goodness I knew what they felt like!). Then, we drove off and headed up Wembley Road and stopped at traffic lights where Mum saw the funniest sight! Hanging off the back rung of a ute were three or four pairs of socks; all tied up, looking like they had been wash and hung out to dry. Aren't they hilarious? She and I both thought so and I got a good photo of them too don't you think? The things you see when you're in traffic!
After I got home yesterday, I got in and cleaned the toilets and bathroom top to bottom! And I mean, I really cleaned them! It was the most exhausting hour and half of my day, but it got done. Then, I washed up a little and sat down and drank some water to rest; by that time, I had put on a one-man-quiche and I was ready to call the cleaning day to an end.

Today, after I washed up, cleaned the bathroom and toilets floors and checked the mail across the road, I had an energy saving guy come around to the house to assess my place; and see if I was doing the right things in saving myself money and energy. He had a look around the place, measured all the rooms, asked the right questions about the hot water system, my appliances and how many hours I used them all, insulation and even the air-conditioner. And when he looked at my gas and electricity bills, he was impressed at how much I paid with each; and more impressed that when I changed back to Energex, I was paying less in gas supply than with AGL. He filled out his booklet and gave me a few things on how I can improve my energy savings even more.
Then, he said that I'd get my report in 6 weeks' time and reckons I'd be near the top of the scale (which is good). I even put him onto Bookcrossing for his daughter because she's a massive reader... and he wasn't too surprised to see my room of books. He said that his daughter was reading e-books and he wants her to read real ones; so I said that Bookcrossing would be really good for her and she'd be able to make some great online friends and register books she'd like to trade or swap with others. He thanked me and then went on his way. For the rest of the day, I'm not going to do anything else; except maybe sit on the net and waste the day away a bit. After all, it's a Friday. What better way to glide into the weekend than stuff around on the computer?

No comments:

Post a Comment