Saturday, February 13, 2010

Saturday Outing

This morning, I had the normal routine of getting up, letting Little Miss Stevie out and feeding her and eating breakfast myself. Then, there was a phone call from Mum and Dad to let me know that they were going to pick up a piece of furniture from a friends' house that they offered me. It's a unit that originally would hold a turntable, vinyls and tapes. However, when I saw it, I could see it doing much more for me. So, I said yes that I'd be delighted to have in my home and then saw the coffee table and accepted that as well (as they had offered me the very beautiful coffee table that I've loved ever since I was young). So, we sat at their kitchen table and had coffee and bunloaf with sprinkles on it and talked about their new living arrangement at a retirement village.
You see, our dear friends are moving there because her husband has prostate cancer and they need the help now to care for both of them; and yet still want to be independent enough to go out whenever they want. And so, they've had to make the painful decision to sell their gorgeous home with waterfront views and leave three very tamed Curlews behind. Their home has been theirs for 35 years and I've loved going there for a long time now; and they have collected a lot of things since they've lived there. Now, they can't take it all with them and have decided to give some things to people they know will love them.
I took some lovely pictures of around the place; however it's going to be a shame when the house is no longer theirs. This lovely home overlooks the water and is on the corner; which means that most of the bedrooms have a waterfront view... even the lounge room does. And it's so peaceful there too. I'm sure they're going to miss the place horribly. I just hope they take a piece of each plant with them so they can replant their garden and start
again; then they can have a bit of what was theirs before. And doesn't the new piece look good at the front window? I think so.
I've yet to get rid of a few more things and still clean out some of the lounge. But today, it was add something big and throw out a whole lot of stuff that I didn't need while adding what I did. It does give the living room a complete kind of feel; while giving a lot of things places to go. I may yet move all my vinyls to their respective places in there as that's what the bottom pieces are for.

No comments:

Post a Comment