Monday, February 8, 2010

The Big Clean Out - Day 4

Off and on the rain poured yesterday. But I ended up on the computer between 9:30 am and 2pm. I got a lot done here too. There was my e-mails to check up on, Bookcrossing and 365project to work on too. However, my mind was still thinking about what jobs had to be done; and there weren't that many. I had one major one that bothered me... and I sat on it every night. Yep, I had to find out exactly what was living in my sofa-bed. You see, for the last week, I've been killing itty-bitty spiders that have been running around on the lounge each night. Sure, they're cute, but I keep wondering where they come from. And yesterday afternoon was the day I found out whether I had a nest of them breaking out or not.
So, after I washed up from the day and night before, I put Stevie upstairs, grabbed the surface spray and pushed the lounge around so it faced the front window (it won't open in any other position now the piano's in the house). I pulled the pillows, blanket and crap off it; and finally the cover. Then, the cushions came next, and nothing... no big spider came running out, no roaches, no nest. So, I unfolded the whole thing and... still nothing! The mattress came off and I grabbed the spray and gave the joints, the insides and underneath (where the whole bed folds in) a good dose a poison so nothing can nest there. Nothing came running out to die. So, where these little spiders were coming from is as a good-a guess as any... but I didn't have to kill any last night while I was watching 'House'.
And that's a good thing!
After the lounge was put back together, I tossed out a fair bit of stuff, organised the bags of charity things I'm giving away and tried to make the house look a little more tidy (which is hard seeing I'm halfway through my clean-up and I've got bags of things I don't want around waiting to be taken away). Otherwise, I've yet to still sort out some thing in my bedroom, clean the bathroom out and wash the floors. The office still needs another look at before I run a vacuum cleaner through it and a duster. This clean out is going well. I'm taking my time and not rushing through anything that I may mistakenly toss out which I may need.

No comments:

Post a Comment